or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

...and the term personal computer was coined in the first place so that the masses who were taking an interest in owning one (and who now are buying the iPad) could be confident that they were buying an actual computer. The iPad as a computer is post-PC and is re-defining computing, just as the adoption of microprocessors and the term personal computer did all those years ago.
Shouting match! The iPad IS a computer - what planet are you on?
This is happening now! Only, it isn't restricted to any particular platform but to any with an Internet connection. I recently upgraded my Mathematica (http://www.wolfram.com) license to version 8. It now has two distinct input modes, one being the traditional programmable mode that I employ, the other, an upgrade to what was previously available where expressions are evaluated immediately. This second mode however, was redesigned to look and feel like...
The plot thickens! I have Bryce 6 (next to latest version, 7 just released). I discovered that it is indeed universal. I was previously looking at Bryce 6 setup (on another computer) and this is PPC! So the good news is that Bryce lives on. Have another look at Bryce, I know how you feel but they have been doing a lot of work on it (still 32 bit) and you might find it interesting. All the best.
Of course, both the CS5 and Office 2008 core applications are 64 bit Intel (mostly?). Bryce has no equivalent that I know of, with its range of capabilities and has a rich heritage. Something nice about the application actually, is the community that includes Mac and Windows users (up to Leopard and Win 7) talking on the one forum. (...and the creativity on display!)
I am a fan of Bryce - http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/bryce7?_m=d From what I can determine on their forum, Bryce won't be going Intel native on Mac in the foreseeable future (I might be wrong). I also found these examples, the first belonging to CS5 (Intel), the second, Office 2008 (Universal). Would these cause problems if not updated? Last Modifiedt17/11/10 7:43 PM KindtPowerPC 64-Bit (Intel)tNo Locationt/Applications/Adobe Illustrator...
I think that the image might be genuine for the reason that the computer is wrapped in plastic from half way through the magsafe connector forward and so I think it would be too difficult to photoshop the image of a port and then add a plastic wrap effect seamlessly. (This might explain the shadow on the left-hand USB port.) If this is a valid image, I think that: The new port has an all copper architecture. Would it be possible to have a fibre connector in a mini...
Through his vision, hard work and that of those around him, Steve Jobs has revolutionised four global industries and is in the process of revolutionising the one he helped usher in to begin with. The consequences of his actions are almost immeasurable. Your criticisms are completely irrelevant. Welcome to my ignore list, please add me to yours!
Thanks for the inside information. You know, I wonder whether most of the resentment toward Steve is not so much about the man but in fact resentment towards Apple's success. In the dark 90's people were really nasty toward Mac users and Apple was pilloried as irrelevant. Now, Apple is pilloried because it is too relevant and that is a very bitter pill for some to swallow. I cannot believe that some comments here are allowed to stand. One criterion for submitting a...
This is true of the HP of yore. However, I feel that the leadership at HP made two big mistakes long ago and not so long ago: (1) They ignored the birth of personal computing until too late. By that I mean, HP could today have owned personal computing as an Apple+Microsoft class corporation. They had the knowhow in software and hardware engineering that in its day was second to none. HP today, building computers to run another company's OS, is just too sad. (2) They...