or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

The U.S. needs to innovate its way out of current troubles. Apple is doing its part!
Unless perhaps, they come to pass. \
Lol. You know that'll be the case right!
Is that true? Wow! Perhaps there is more to this request than meets the eye (I'm sure that there always is). 'Foxcon, Apple partner in manufacturing, has plants here in Turkey. Now, what deal can you give us?' The Turkish government is no doubt aware of Apple's very, very desirable margin and would be keen to eat into it a little, at least in return for a captive market. All the best.
So, you're outnumbered 2 to 1! Until my daughters left home, the odds were for me, even worse! With full-frame imaging, more natural, high-fidelity (as in Retina-like) displays and interchangeable lenses, non-SLRs will in all likelihood take over before too long. Sad, I love the SLR myself. I'd like to be able to look into a viewfinder still though to frame a shot, feels more natural and less distracting to me. However, peripheral vision can be useful in framing a...
Nicely put. Once iOS 5 is in use with, syncing freedom, most people will function in a post-PC age, not a post-computer age. In the common vernacular, computing will refer to those activities that the iPad is maturing to accommodate more and more. No one thinks of computing as the translation that a microwave oven makes of input commands into a calibrated, timed execution of the magnetron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavity_magnetron) for example. Neither will they...
I think digitalclips was using a figurative comparison.
I just do not understand the term 'walled garden' as anything rational! What the heck are you talking about? I have a good friend who is writing software for the iPad, 3 applications - and I run that software as a beta tester. He's an independent developer and PhD candidate. He is not some Apple minion. He does not live behind a walled garden, he lives in the real world working on real-world solutions. I haven't had a virus on a Mac since about 1987 and to the best of...
Guess the argument depends on how one defines the term 'PC'. The iPad is definitely a personal computer, more so in some ways than my multi-user iMac (27" Core i7 - very nice btw). Also, popular need is really what the term post-PC is referring to, at the moment at least. My iPad doesn't run Mathematica (standalone) and so I need my desktop computer. However, many, many users do not need such a capability and so, the post-PC era is as good as here. Interestingly...
Do you have a reference to studies that come to that conclusion. Such is not my experience. \