or Connect

Posts by IQatEdo

With enough bandwidth, you can achieve anything (relevant to the argument). I'm no expert on (anything much) HDMI, but from HDMI.org in the FAQ section:Higher speed: HDMI 1.3 increases its single-link bandwidth to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future HD display devices, such as higher resolutions, Deep Color and high frame rates. In addition, built into the HDMI 1.3 specification is the technical foundation that will let future versions of HDMI reach...
Quite honestly, from an everyday, functional point of view, I don't care less what goes on in the 'PC' world, I have all I need on the MAC. '3D' too would be great.
I am looking forward to this coming to the everyday desktop.
Vinea I have enjoyed reading your argument and believe that you have put it well. I believe too that the new iMac is much more than just an incremental upgrade and would be fabulously supported by Apple gaining access to the skills base at EA, which I hadn't thought about until reading your case. (A colleague, who writes software for OS X, made the comment - referring to the iMac, that it had been a long time since there was such a strong argument to purchase a top of...
It is conceivable that MS could even benefit from an Apple takeover of Adobe! Less diversity in competition for their own web technologies.
Just an aside - I am sure that Adobe must be a watching brief at Apple. It might have been of benefit to Apple for an independent, creative and market assertive Adobe to be producing important software at arm's length but at some point Apple might decide that they are being hindered by, for example, Flash having such a large mindshare, to the detriment of Apple's web intentions. Adobe's market cap is currently 1/10th that of Apple's. Does someone here truly know what...
My thanks too. I know so little about file systems but am interested. (The first post too of our new member maercsrats - thanks.) The bickering in some recent threads has become tiresome, it would be great for a change to be presented with reasoned arguments either way without the personal attacks.
I don't think that you understand the psychology at play. It is because MS has the majority of the market that they do not need to not copy Apple. Simply diluting Apple's presence is perceived as a benefit to MS and doing so by copying their competition is the safest method. In the end, who cares? Apple is hugely profitable and constantly innovating, there is no reason obvious to me why that shouldn't continue. The stores are innovative and have provided huge benefits...
Notice that most of the demonstration phase of the interview was spent looking at hardware, including a Dell notebook that looked like a MacBook Air though wider in the hips and a significant part of the discussion involved Apple. At least no one could accuse AI of orchestrating the interview (could they?)!
At least one store (AU) has just gone down. \