or Connect

Posts by Euphonious

You are not addressing my points.    My argument is about whether there is a flaw with the antenna on the iPhone 4, as compared to other phones.   My argument is not about whether the iPhone 4 has any other strengths or features which allow it to connect or maintain calls where others can't, in spite of any possible problem with the antenna.   My argument is solely about the alleged flaw with the antenna. Whether the baseband or software has strengths which...
    OK, let's be as clear as possible about this.   1) Do you deny that the iPhone 4 suffers signal loss when held which is worse than that experienced by other phones?   2) If you are denying that, then how do you refute the signal loss figures which AnandTech obtained?        
    You also haven't read my posts properly.   At no point did I describe this as a matter of absolutes. In my first post #66, I stated that the problem exists on other phones but is worse in degree on the iPhone. That was the entire point of the figures I posted comparing other phones to the iPhone.    At no point did I assert that other posters claimed there was no signal loss at all. My post #66 was in response to post #20 by Tallest Skil, where he said that the iPhone...
    Another one who isn't reading my posts and isn't making logical arguments. In post #87 I expressly said that the iPhone 4 was a landmark phone and that it's unsurprising that it's hugely commercially successful.   Can't you see that it's illogical to claim that the antenna flaw doesn't exist because the phone is otherwise excellent and has been very successful? I've said more than once that the phone has plenty of advantages that outweigh the antenna issue. It makes...
    You need to read my post again. You are reading into it something which isn't there. Nowhere in my post did I claim that other phones don't suffer signal loss when held in the hand. It would be foolish to claim that, because it's basic physics that an antenna receives a weaker signal when you surround it with something that's mostly made of water.   The 'point' of my post was that:       The signal degradation when held exists on all phones, but the iPhone 4's antenna...
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    It doesn't logically follow that the antenna issue didn't exist, though. I'm not surprised that return figures were lower. The iPhone 4 was a landmark phone - overall, it was far and away superior to the competition at launch. It's perfectly possible that users recognised the antenna issue and were bothered by it, but didn't consider it serious enough to take the phone back and still thought that it was the best phone available.   The fact that there wasn't a...
    What part of there being an issue with the phone is incompatible with the phone continuing to sell well? I have an iPhone 4 myself. I've definitely noticed the problem, but it wasn't big enough to stop me buying the phone, because it had enough other advantages to make it the best choice. The fact that the phone sold well in spite of the flaw doesn't mean that the flaw ceased to exist! Buying technology products is a compromise because all products have weaknesses,...
Urgh... this is just like the advert on that Next Galaxy website with the sheep on it.  If you're trying to convince iPhone users to switch to your product, then insulting them by calling them braindead sheep just doesn't seem to be the best way to do it!       It isn't crap. It's the truth. Look at this page from AnandTech, one of the most respected tech websites around. Their tests showed that holding the phone naturally, when compared to not holding the phone at all,...
    Is that the same Samsung which manufactures the CPU and RAM inside iPhones?