or Connect

Posts by Euphonious

Here in the UK you can get prepaid iPhones easily, but almost all the iPhone users I know are on contract because the upfront cost is too much on prepaid. If you're not a heavy user, prepaid is often cheaper over 18 or 24 months, but that depends on you being willing to spend £500 on the handset.
    What a preposterous thing to say.   So Apple makes the hardware, Apple makes the OS and defines the interaction paradigm, Apple provides the UI guidelines, Apple is responsible for eliminating fragmentation in the App Store, Apple provides a market where developers can actually make money from their apps, hence encouraging developers to write apps in the first place - and yet the entire experience comes from the developer?   More to the point, if iOS offers a better...
    Nah, I don't think that. I'm not using the change to support my argument that the previous design was flawed. I've got no idea why they changed it other than that it's a superior system, which is a good enough reason in itself.   I'm saying that you can't use the continuity in the design to support the argument that there was no flaw, because they did change the design.    
    1) I have never used the words 'fatal flaw'. I don't believe that the flaw was 'fatal' and I've never argued that it was.   2) I completely acknowledge the fact that the range of the decibel change might not affect the functioning of the device. Whether it does or doesn't isn't relevant to what I'm arguing. I'm just asking whether you agree that the range of decibel change indicates a flaw with the antenna, when seen in isolation from any other elements of the phone....
    As I've said before, they didn't continue with the design on the 4S. The 4S has two separate cellular antennas where the 4 has one. It looks the same on the outside but on the inside it's considerably different.
    You have not addressed the points about the antenna at all.   What you've done is deflected them by talking about other strong points with the phone's signal reception and about the phone's commercial success. You keep making these points, yet I'm not actually disputing them! I know that the phone was really successful, and I know that the phone can connect where other phones can't!   But my basic question still remains... does the iPhone 4, when held, suffer greater...
      You are not addressing my points.    My argument is about whether there is a flaw with the antenna on the iPhone 4, as compared to other phones.   My argument is not about whether the iPhone 4 has any other strengths or features which allow it to connect or maintain calls where others can't, in spite of any possible problem with the antenna.   My argument is solely about the alleged flaw with the antenna. Whether the baseband or software has strengths which...
    OK, let's be as clear as possible about this.   1) Do you deny that the iPhone 4 suffers signal loss when held which is worse than that experienced by other phones?   2) If you are denying that, then how do you refute the signal loss figures which AnandTech obtained?        
    You also haven't read my posts properly.   At no point did I describe this as a matter of absolutes. In my first post #66, I stated that the problem exists on other phones but is worse in degree on the iPhone. That was the entire point of the figures I posted comparing other phones to the iPhone.    At no point did I assert that other posters claimed there was no signal loss at all. My post #66 was in response to post #20 by Tallest Skil, where he said that the iPhone...
    Another one who isn't reading my posts and isn't making logical arguments. In post #87 I expressly said that the iPhone 4 was a landmark phone and that it's unsurprising that it's hugely commercially successful.   Can't you see that it's illogical to claim that the antenna flaw doesn't exist because the phone is otherwise excellent and has been very successful? I've said more than once that the phone has plenty of advantages that outweigh the antenna issue. It makes...