or Connect

Posts by Euphonious

You need to read my post again. You are reading into it something which isn't there. Nowhere in my post did I claim that other phones don't suffer signal loss when held in the hand. It would be foolish to claim that, because it's basic physics that an antenna receives a weaker signal when you surround it with something that's mostly made of water.   The 'point' of my post was that:       The signal degradation when held exists on all phones, but the iPhone 4's antenna...
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    It doesn't logically follow that the antenna issue didn't exist, though. I'm not surprised that return figures were lower. The iPhone 4 was a landmark phone - overall, it was far and away superior to the competition at launch. It's perfectly possible that users recognised the antenna issue and were bothered by it, but didn't consider it serious enough to take the phone back and still thought that it was the best phone available.   The fact that there wasn't a...
    What part of there being an issue with the phone is incompatible with the phone continuing to sell well? I have an iPhone 4 myself. I've definitely noticed the problem, but it wasn't big enough to stop me buying the phone, because it had enough other advantages to make it the best choice. The fact that the phone sold well in spite of the flaw doesn't mean that the flaw ceased to exist! Buying technology products is a compromise because all products have weaknesses,...
Urgh... this is just like the advert on that Next Galaxy website with the sheep on it.  If you're trying to convince iPhone users to switch to your product, then insulting them by calling them braindead sheep just doesn't seem to be the best way to do it!       It isn't crap. It's the truth. Look at this page from AnandTech, one of the most respected tech websites around. Their tests showed that holding the phone naturally, when compared to not holding the phone at all,...
    Is that the same Samsung which manufactures the CPU and RAM inside iPhones?
Why the hell can you patent what's basically a nested list? What happened to novelty and inventive step?
Failing economy?UK unemployment rate: 8.3%US unemployment rate: 8.3%UK national debt as percentage of GDP: 64US national debt as percentage of GDP: 100+Kill the arrogance and look up some facts before you continue to propound your Americentric view of the universe, please. The UK isn't in good shape, but the States is hardly a beacon of financial strength right now either.
I don't know. But from the path that's being taken with Win8, I do get the impression that MS is taking the tablet market very seriously indeed and will pump in just about as much cash as it takes. Apple certainly has a head start, but MS has more clout and reputation than the various Android manufacturers and will put up a better fight. Of course, those factors didn't help MS very much with Windows Phone! But perhaps MS is fighting a little closer to its own territory...
The good Windows tablets will surely have comparable displays to the new iPad. The manufacturers have absolutely no choice now that the iPad has raised the standard.