or Connect

Posts by Euphonious

It's a rubbish tablet, sure. But this whole article just smacks of digging up dirt. I thought this site was supposed to be about Apple, not indulging DED's desire to fling mud at the competition?   Every time I load this site there's another smug article about how bad a Google or Samsung product is, normally containing a conspiracy theory about how Apple products are systematically underrated in reviews. It's childish and unprofessional. The other Apple news sites stick...
  So now you're demonising Google for doing sensible business. What was it supposed to do - eliminate a competitive advantage by releasing features on iOS first?     I never said it was the first maps company. I said that Android had turn-by-turn before iOS. Stop reading things into my posts which aren't there.       I don't think so. I didn't say that Android got every feature first...     What is that anecdotal evidence supposed to mean? It doesn't change the fact that...
    Proof? Okay - let's go through the features I mentioned.   NFC Android: December 2010 (2.3, Nexus S) iOS: still awaited   Keyboard with word prediction (here I mean a keyboard which intelligently predicts the next word and allows the user to choose from a list) Android: October 2009 (2.0) iOS: still awaited   Pattern unlock Android: April 2009 (1.5), possibly earlier iOS: still awaited   Full widget support Android: April 2009 (1.5) iOS: still awaited   One-tap...
  How is my post FUD? FUD has to be untrue, and nothing in my post is untrue - Android did get all of those features before iOS did.   The shame is that it's really quite easy to advocate iOS over Android convincingly. iOS largely has the advantages I mentioned - stability, smoothness, battery life, range of apps.    But instead, you bury your head in the sand at any criticism of Apple and refuse to accept that iOS is not perfect. This monomania actually harms your...
Have I stumbled into a parallel universe?   Smug jokes about Android 'catching up' to iOS by adding features don't really work, because Android's featureset is considerably broader than iOS's. iOS may have got this first - but what about NFC? A keyboard with proper word prediction? Pattern unlock? Proper widget support? One-tap access to settings like wi-fi? Built-in navigation? Android had all these features before iOS.   By all means say that iOS is more stable...
Isn't this supposed to be an Apple news site?   Half the articles these days exist to provide red meat to the faithful, rather than useful information about Apple. Who has decided that constantly dredging up fairly inconsequential criticisms of Google or Samsung is a good editorial direction, rather than actually providing stimulating material about Apple?   I love my Apple products, but I don't have to run down Google ten times a day to prove it.
Another so-called 'editorial' serving as a vehicle for DED's self-indulgence in his Apple monomania.   Calling this bilge an editorial devalues the whole site.
If you read this article and didn't know anything about mobile operating systems, you'd think that Android was in dire straits rather than commanding a majority of the market. The bias is laughable.
  Apart from the slight distinction that Linux has negligible consumer market share, where Android has the majority of the consumer market.   So basically, Android isn't in the same position as Linux at all.    What a load of bilge!
  Idiots like Anand of AnandTech?   I'm going to bet that he knows more about using computers than you ever will. He also has a useful ability to look at technology dispassionately, rather than through a distortion field which rejects any criticism.   If he says there is a problem with the software, then I believe him.