or Connect

Posts by scott_r

Found this entry in my keychain under "certificates"   TÜBİTAK UEKAE Kök Sertifika Hizmet Sağlayıcısı - Sürüm 3    Tried to Google it but found nothing except references to Mozilla. I've removed it but was curious if anyone else has this and if if something mischievous?   in the keychain column the other certificates had "login", the this one had "System Root" and an expiration date of some time in 2017.   Anyone have any idea what this might belong...
I do have Clicktoflash installed, but still have the crashing issue. So really want to know if there is way to totally clean out all of Safari's plugins or clean install it short of a whole system reinstall. Chrome and Firefox work just fine, but I have on really nice plugin for Safari that I like to use, so would like to clear up this issue. Apple must have a binder full of crash info from me alone, so wish they could fix the problem from their side.
Yes! Is sparkle part of it?
Hi, Safari keeps crashing on me all the time. It will crash even when I'm not at the Mac. Finally noticed that it's mentioning that the crash was caused by the sparkle plugin. I can't seem to find any info on how to remove this bugger. Searching the machine, I can't find anything named sparkle in the systems' library folders. Anyone been able to track this plugin down and remove it? Would be great if Safari would be more stable but been really unstable for me...
Update: Today my macbook pro came out of it's stupor and worked fine when I hooked it up to the magsafe power connector! Thought about canceling my Genius appointment, but thought that they could trouble shoot it. When I explained my symptoms to the Genius tech, he said it sounds like "coma mode". Like Mr. H said, happens when the lid is open and closes to quickly. My machine checked out just fine from the diagnostic check. The Genius tech gave me this tip to get...
Update: I plugged in my white macbook's power supply to the MacBook Pro and the green light came on. After an hour hooked up the MacBook Pro's power supply and the amber light came on so this may have triggered something. Will let it charge for a while and see what happens. . . .
I used my Macbook Pro on Monday and had it in my computer bag. Pulled it out today to use it and found it to be totally dead - not even responding to the magsafe connector! The light on front of the machine on the right side is still on - no dimming and going bright like it does when it's in sleep mode - just a steady light. Pushing the battery status button shows no charge. Then hooked it up to the power and no light on the mag safe connector. Would be great it I...
I'm new to the iPhone, just had it a week. Syncing photos in the iPhone to iPhoto is hit or miss. Mainly miss. Starting iPhoto the iPhone shows up, but the dialog boxes for filling out events or buttons to click to start the down load are grayed out. Anyone having this problem?
Hi everyone: I recently had my cousin buy a brand-new iMac 24 inch system. Everything's been working just fine and real no user issues which is great because he's very new to computers. But a very strange problem (actually two) have cropped up recently. I told him to hold off on upgrading to Leopard 10.5 .2, but recently he upgraded this past week. A few days later he found that his system could no longer send e-mails. So I had him call Comcast to see what the problem...
I was at the MacWorld Expo today. The pictures in this article are exclusively from the main Moscone South hall. There were many companies over at the Moscone West building just kitty-corner from the south hall. Here are a few things that I found out while at the show: TechSmith, makers of Camtasia Studio will be introducing a like product for the Mac. Camtasia is used by many PC companies to do video screen capture demos of their products. TechSmith also makes...