or Connect

Posts by scott_r

I'm testing out a Mactel iMac too. I like the speed up of many of the operations, but there is a lot a memory swapping going on with just 512 MEGs of RAM. The major problems that I'm running into are: Can't print to my old HP 4M/P printer. Can print to it from two other late model Mac's. Can't get it to work from this new box. The printer light will blink twice, then nothing happens. I did get one page of postscript gibberish to come out and that's it. My other Macs...
Oops, Just wanted to correct myself: You can only have one live channel view going at any one time. But you can play back at least three more recorded programs while viewing a live channel. The frame rate drops a little with with 4 simultaneous windows going, but this is a Mac Mini that I'm running it on with a 5400 RPM drive. Pretty impressive for this lower end Mac system. I have even watched a program while another program is being recorded! I do have a gig of RAM on my...
How does Skype work? Does it give you the same functions as iChat and video capability? -Scott
I just bought the new EyeTV 200. Running it on a Mac Mini. It works just great. I am using an antenna to receive the signal. Works like a Tivo. While watching live TV you can hit pause and start the program up again after you're done with a call or trip to the kitchen (EyeTV defalts with a 200 buffer for live programs - about 10 mins.) The remote works very well too. There are no intstructions on how to use it but with playing with it for a while you get the hang of what...
I'm having the same problem as well. Trying to team up with some one at a company I'm dealing with. We both get messages say we didn't respond. Found a message about ports to open did that. Put the computer to a DZM port on the router still no luck! Anyone know how to fix this? -Scott
Hi All, Got a new G5 iPod. I've loaded 5 videos. Two are of my DVD's. The others are quicktime clips converted over. The big problem is that. They never start playing at the beginning. They always start somewhere past the middle of the clip. If I start the same video a second time, then it works ok. The other thing is that my contacts have pictures in the address book, but they are not showing up on the iPod contact list. Should they? Every thing else is working...
Hi Mark and others, I have noticed just the opposite about my new G5 iPod. My G4 iPod is louder and has more bass. The biggest problem with the new one is the videos. They convert fine via Handbrake and Quicktime. But when I star a video, it starts in the middle or close to the end of the clip! I have to hit the left arrow keys to get to the beginning. If I start the same video second time, then it starts at the beginning like it should. Very strange! -Scott
Hi All, Looking for a utility or way to restore my Login Items after they get blown away. This problem has been re-occuring (is anyone else having the same problem?) I have a 2 month old PowerMac. After running most of the Apple updates, my Login Items (start up programs) from the preferences pane get blown away. About 2 hours ago the machine croaked while using Soundtracks Pro. The screen got painted top to bottom with a dark grey cast, and a dialog box...
This is a problem. I am hopping that once the Intel Macs arrive that VMware will have their virtual machine software available for the Mac. I have it on the PC and it's great for running different versions of Windows/Linux on either a Windows box or Linux. Supporting the Intel Macs would be a wise decision for them as lot of us are stuck with PC only supported apps would love to be able to run them on the Mac. I work in the real estate field and *everything* is geared for...
My old Viewsonic monitor is quite a bit dimmer when running from the Mac Mini Vs. my PC (switch between them via KVM.) The Dell 20.1 FP (mentioned above) should work great. Used one at my last job and was exceptional.