or Connect

Posts by geezer1

KidRed, this IS future hardware related. Coz we're talking about Mac HARDWARE, which some of us here won't be able to buy in the near FUTURE. See?
KidRed, this IS future hardware related. Coz we're talking about Mac HARDWARE, which some of us here won't be able to buy in the near FUTURE. See?
Spooky is kind of right, though over pessimistic. The problem with the new iMac from the UK perspective is that while Apple just may get away with its pricing in the US, here in the UK it goes overboard with VAT (sales tax) -- the SuperDrive model costs £1599 inc. vat. -- equaling about $2300. Wow baby! One for Harrods then, can't see it going well at Micro Anvika. And to think that for this money you're getting a consumer machine with a crippled g4 and no...
Spooky is kind of right, though over pessimistic. The problem with the new iMac from the UK perspective is that while Apple just may get away with its pricing in the US, here in the UK it goes overboard with VAT (sales tax) -- the SuperDrive model costs £1599 inc. vat. -- equaling about $2300. Wow baby! One for Harrods then, can't see it going well at Micro Anvika. And to think that for this money you're getting a consumer machine with a crippled g4 and no...
[quote]Originally posted by breakskull: If your a big time hard core gamer, you live for gaming, the iMac isn't going to cut it, no. If you use your machine to do work in general, I can't think of a machine I'd rather spend hours with than the silky quiet iMac. That includes the Pro line power macs. I have a PC "game" box that I put together myself: Athlon 1.6GHz, 1Gig PC2100 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 3 64MB... you get the picture. In order to keep it running cool, it...
Hear hear, well said. I really thought we'd see a new improved implementation of DH by now. Stevie boy didn't announce anything revolutionary, mostly it was a repeat of MWSF 2001, just aimed at the consumer instead of pro. New iMac, but no new technologies, iPhoto, but no leap over iMovie/iDVD. They didn't even bother increasing display real estate on the new 14 inch iBook. Not exactly a disppointment, but not amazing either. I'm hoping the REAL goodies come with the...
Hear hear, well said. I really thought we'd see a new improved implementation of DH by now. Stevie boy didn't announce anything revolutionary, mostly it was a repeat of MWSF 2001, just aimed at the consumer instead of pro. New iMac, but no new technologies, iPhoto, but no leap over iMovie/iDVD. They didn't even bother increasing display real estate on the new 14 inch iBook. Not exactly a disppointment, but not amazing either. I'm hoping the REAL goodies come with the...
Hmmm.... Jobs isn't really in the computing business so much any more, he's more in the 'send your grandchild's pix to your grandmother' business. He trades in sentiment not megahertz. Let's wish him luck, he's a good one.
Pretty clever Marc, thanks. And I'd love to hear FUDUiMac comment, can't get enough of his posts.