or Connect

Posts by Nobody Special

One of my all-time favorite movies is Wim Wenders' Until the End of The World, but unfortunately, the three-part, director's cut is only available as a Italian import so there are no English subtitles. Large parts of the movie are in French, German, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Portuguese and Japanese, and while having seen the movie so many times, I know what is being said, I was wondering if there is any way to rip the movie from the DVD and burn in the English subtitles...
I know this is a Mac forum, but I don't know of any Windows forums to ask this question on: Can anyone recommend a BitTorrent client with a feature set like those offered by Xtorrent—the integrated search function in particular—for a friend running Windows?
Is there utilities along the lines of PerlLyric that matches the songs in one's playlist with a master database and appends the correct genre tag to the files?
I keep my video files on an AirDisk, and whenever I sync my iPhone when I'm away from home, the tracks are (understandable) reported as missing. Is there any way to automatically relink the files when I'm back on my home network?
I dropped my iPhone in the toilet the other day, and the microphone doesn't work. What should I do?
It puts the umlaut over the U but not the O.
This certainly isn't the iPhone's most important feature, but I though it was amusing that when texting a friend about an upcoming Motörhead show, and the iPhone automatically capitalized and added the umlaut.
Wired.com has put up a site to pool people's Edge, 3G and WiFi iPhone speeds. You can participate here: http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/0...ne-global.html The directions, however, leave out three VERY important steps: 1 1/4) Before running the Edge test , you must turn off both 3G and WiFi in you iPhone's Settings. 1 1/2) Before running the 3G test, you must turn 3G back on in your iPhone's Settings. 1 3/4) Before running the WiFI test, you must turn WiFi...
Amen! Preach on Brother Merdhead!
Personally, I don't care one way or another, but it's my impression from the lack of built-in customization options available for OS X that Steve Jobs doesn't like people fiddling with the look of the core operating system. Hence, if Apple allows the user to make those types of changes, it means Steve Jobs has past on and the stock will lose a huge amount of its value.