or Connect

Posts by Nobody Special

I've found that the beta version of MacTheRipper 3.0 does everything but package the extracted video into a double-clickable file. I don't think anyone's come up with a iTunes-simple DVD library/player yet.
It looks like Handbrake transcodes the source, though.
I'm looking at Handbrake, but won't it transcode the video? Also, would it still be possible to switch between different audio tracks and subtitles?
Perfect. That's great. The only thing it doesn't do, and I don't know if it's even possible, is bundle the folder into one double-clickable package that launches DVD player and starts playing the movie. Is there any way of doing that? I'm trying to make viewing the film as simple as possible. Also, with DVD2one, I assume that since I'm ripping the DVD to a disk where size is not as issue, it's not doing any transcoding—it's just copying the video file 1:1. Thanks.
I just got a couple big honkin' hard drives and want to rip my DVD library. However, I'm not sure if it's possible to do exactly what I want, because I want to eliminate space-consuming features that I never access, e.g.: making-of documentaries that are only worth viewing once, Taiwanese subtitles or dubbed Gaelic soundtrack. I'm only interested in ripping the main feature from the DVD while retaining only English language audio tracks and subtitles. The final output...
Very, very good point. Didn't think about that. Well, so much for that idea.
Admittedly, I don't know the intricacies of the manufacturer/carrier relationship, but it's my understanding that the primary reason Apple needed to partner with a specific cellular service provider for the iPhone is that the carrier's network needed to be customized to support random-access visual voice mail. If that's the reason (and the only reason, for example, Cingular isn't also subsidizing the cost of the iPhone), are there practical considerations for not making...
Check out this guy trying to encourage the development of a free .Mac alternative: www.notMacChallenge.com.
Inspired by the XP on Mac prize, someone has put together a similar challenge to create an open source .mac replacement: http://www.notmacchallenge.com/. He's going to match the first $10,000 that people contribute. I don't know when it started, but the prize is already over $4,000.
Perfect. Thanks.