or Connect

Posts by Wrong Robot

You have yet to refute why you're not heartless, closet gay, greedy...etc. You simply put up 'valid reasons' that *could* be interpreted as coming from a (insert nasty implication). So why, *shouldn't* they be construed that way? Is what I'm asking.
I do not want to bring GWB into this discussion, because it's not about specific 'conservatives' as much as it is the core behind conservatism, why it exists, what it's *really* about...etc.
Yea, we got the first taste of this, what was it a year ago? when Tiger was first announced. Those giant banners proclaiming stuff like. "redmond, start your photocopiers" and "redmond, we have a problem" Apple can't really compete with windows simply because the numbers are so against them. However, if the intel deal yields cheaper macs and/or a mac that can dual boot windows and OS X, then apple will stand to take a decent chunk of the market back, and eventually,...
This was a source of much friction when I was discussing this with my friend. I repeatedly found myself saying "well dude, that's a lovely rosy scenario you have for a star trek universe, but that just isn't reality and we don't have the means to make it so" The point that I was trying to make is that conservatism seems to stem from a realist perspective, favoring what is already here, rather than dreaming idly for a future that most likely cannot be achieved. Naturally,...
Right, I really don't want this to be a conservative bashing thread. The main intent is to unearth the core of the conservatism, what is that make people want to pursue it. My friend proclaims that is is fear of change, fear of the unknown, desire to control people/things, greed, general desire to simplify things and 'dumb it down' . All fairly nasty things to assign, but his support definitely followed through with that, I would be interested in how conservatism...
So I'm having a discussion with a friend of mine. An admitted 'liberal' who is basically of the mind that conservatives have never once been productive or beneficial to society. That at the end of the day, the conservative mindset is that of selfishness and reluctance to want to change or think forward to a better future. I'm mostly liberal myself, but I refuse to believe that all conservatism is inherently bad and/or unproductive. I never thought I'd find myself...
For now, I'm going to give that poster the benefit of the doubt. There are many reasons why it might...ah fuckit we're screwed.
You totally forgot Steve Jobs.
I'm ultimately not all that worried about AAPL. In the short-term, it does look like it's being tossed around a bit by the intel annoucement(amongst other things I'm sure) but in the long-term, I think analysts and such are excited and generally optimistic about AAPLs growth. People are looking forward to the possibility that Apple will be taking on the likes of Dell, and gateway and such head-to-head and actually standing a good chance of drastically increasing their...
It just occurred to me that I haven't really heard much about post-taliban afghanistan, so what's the latest?