or Connect

Posts by mhikl

Steve’s evidence has been used and is on record in print. The video should be destroyed.
Sort of takes the joy out of Christmas; “Here son. It may have an infection or two but boy was it cheap."
Estimates on Apple stock and projections are always low. Expect much higher results. What gives? Amazon and Google estimated high? It’s a conundrum. I wonder when MS drops back to its usual estimates, as it surely will, will Apple finally be taken seriously? N/C mhikl
Two Walmart stores in our area have converted to food and junk markets. This company must be having problems selling crap and now food.  Went to look for juicers and the selection was horrible. And there were better prices and selection at other stores; none of which looked like that flee market.   Apple doesn’t need them. Apple is class, Walmart crass. Dump em I...
iPads are mini-computers for heaven’s sake. Most keep computers until they can’t be updated or something spectacular comes along that demands an upgrade. Well, unless one has cash to waste or status to pander. Phones are by contract so cost-wise it sort of makes sense to upgrade every two years; you can still sell the two year-old for fair loot. I suspect the Watch will follow the same trail. What a hullabaloo there will be when they are said to have peeked come five...
Have been a supporter of feminism up till the past year. They are a radical lot and the young female teachers we get are bored with the feminist parade of terror and just role their eyes when I ask them about it. In Toronto Warren Farrell was protested when he tried to speak on behalf of boys and their need for father’s guidance. Sick when the feminist only cares about the female child. The radical feminists were vicious, not letting people into the lecture. The police...
So does chewing gum with one’s eyes closed.   The real problem is that the brain cannot do true multitasking. It’s is a switching on/off system of pseudo-multitasking.   I discovered this motoring through the mountains on a long tiring journey home. I had taped an “As It Happens” radio interview on the very subject and came to a busier stretch of road where traffic was suddenly coming at me and passing from behind. I had to zip back to understand little parts of the...
Apple had stupendous fluctuations after the return of Steve and great, quick gains could be had by luck and by the wise, especially by the wise who saw the patterns early. With stupendous jumps comes the trigger happy syndrome as the nervous grab the nickels as they come. The wise lie in wait. It is the law of the leopard whose game is stealth, and patience. edit: (apostrophe s doesn’t seem to work?)
How long is Thuderbolt going to last. Remember SCUSI (first iMac only had usb) and Firewire. USB3 is great and cheap. Must be for special video needs, certainly at these prices (and past history) not on my dream/desire/needs lists.
Should the man be blame or the system be questioned. If he followed the guidelines, then the guidelines must be questioned and changed. What is the hurry? Why was the first edition faulty, and then the second? What about this third one?   Maybe this event will finally get to the heart of the matter.