or Connect

Posts by Ptrash

I need one with a working Power management unit. Mine is dead. I need to be able to charge my battery so I can run it. Any suggestions? Maybe someone has a dead one that still charges, or knows where to get one. One thing--Apple told me I can use any 12" G4 white model ibook. Mine is model# A1054. Thanks Paul
I'm trying to back up my ancient G4 laptop's hard drive. I'm using a USB drive--A LaCie Phillipe Starck 500GB model--and doing it manually. Yeah, Yeah I should buy a decent drive (FW, right?) and a good back-up program but in the mean time this is what I have to work with. I'm getting various failure messages. The first didn't specify which files or apps were not being copied--it made a reference to permissions and I just said ok and continued. Then I got another error...
Can anyone recommend an article or website that discusses how server SW-browser cookie transactions between social media, email providers and 3rd parties are handled on the net? I temporarily deactivated my facebook account 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I tried to post a comment to a music blog. Once I had written it and hit the post button the only options I was given to complete the posting process were to log-in to either my Yahoo or Facebook accounts. Naturally I chose to...
I'm in an Applestore right now. I only went on to AI after an employee here who was hekping me with MacBooks suggested there might be an upgrade next week. S/he was telling me I might want to buy now, or wait for the next upgrade. I asked when MacWorld was, s/he said February (I think). I asked about the WWDC, s/he said it had happened earlier this past summer. Then s/he said there was a conference next week, implying the rollout of new products. OK, I better get off...
Actually, Springer was a well-known rightest who fought a public relations war with German leftist students during the 60s. Also, see the entry for Bild at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild "Bild was modeled after the British tabloid Daily Mirror; although its paper size is bigger, this is reflected in its mix of celebrity gossip, crime stories and political analysis. However, its articles are often considerably shorter compared to those in British tabloids, and...
Deleted
Turnwrite,.keep searching. "We will not be silent" is not a statement from the US constitution--at least not the present one. It's attributed to The White Rose student resistance group in Nazi Germany. You can read about the shirt here: http://www.thecriticalvoice.org/. This site has an account of the incident on the airplane involving the guy wearing the shirt. It's absurd-almost Kafkaesque: http://www.parkerstudio.com/AAW/JFK_story.html. PS Supposedly the t-shirt comes...
http://yournewreality.blogspot.com/2...-was-dead.html is suggesting there might be a connection between Bhutto's comments in this interview and her death. She states, "Omar Sheikh killed Osama Bin Laden", and Frost doesn't bat an eyebrow. As was pointed in a posted comment, she likely meant to say Daniel Pearl. Can't believe Frost didn't call her on this. (While KSM supposedly cut Pearl's throat, Sheihk was the dude who set it all up) PS In the comments section after...
Given the recent economic turmoil in the US, I'm a little concerned about where the market is headed. Talk of a coming recession and 2 years or so until the subprime mess bottoms out doesn't help. I've been reading lots of articles about investing in foreign markets, especially diversified mutual funds. I'm a little skeptical; the pattern seems to be that when this kind of advice filters down to the mainstreet investor the big money has already been made by the pros....
Is there anyway to preserve the contents of the hard drive without re-installing all of my software (which is going to be a nightmare--most of it, except the Ibook install disks,--is in storage, and then there's all the helper apps, like real player, Acrobat, etc that were just simple downloads). Is there a work-around for that? Suppose I copy my hard drive's contents onto an external drive I have, and then recopy it back to the ibook after I've re-installed my OS and...