or Connect

Posts by Soundvision

I understand and your comments made me sit back and think for a minute. While it may not be hard to convince someone to buy a new Apple Watch every year, it would be hard to convince someone to buy a gold plated watch every year. Apple designed the S1 definitely adds fuel to the theory and makes a lot of sense.
I'm with you, and you definitely raise some interesting points and I'm probably to quick to judge and make my opinion known.I will be fully prepared to eat crow once we find out the details.
I apologize, processor, SIP, whatever, I look at it as a "part" and I don't see Apple upgrading parts in a tiny watch versus selling you a new one. Hopefully that clears up whatever semantics we are talking about. My opinion is based purely on Apple's actions and their business model. The watch is new territory and with new territory comes changes. We will know soon enough what Apple has planned for us.
I get your point, but we are entering a new era of watches. We are talking about technology in a watch, and technology isn't meant to last 10 years in most instances. I currently wear Seiko watches and keep them for 5+ years, often times even longer if it still works fine. I understand that by going with the Apple Watch I will likely have to buy a new watch each year and sell my old one, much like what I do with my iPhone. Buying a new watch each year is going to be a...
I can definitely see the difference in jewelry and computers, that isn't the issue. What I am saying is Apple has never had a program in recent history where you can bring your Apple product and get a better processor installed. Does that mean you can't do it yourself with off the shelf parts, absolutely not but we are talking about official solutions from Apple. With that said, none of us know what Apple's plans are but I highly doubt there will ever be a day where Apple...
Subsidies on a watch? Who would subsidize it, doesn't make any sense. The iPad has been successful without subsidies, don't see why the Watch will be any different.
You may not be able to apply the same rational to notebook PC's, but you can certainly apply it to just Apple in general. When have you ever seen Apple make available upgradeable processors in any Mac, iPod, iPhone, or iPad in the past decade? The answer is never. The only time you could upgrade processors is when people would buy off the shelf Intel processors that had the same pin outs. Do people on this board really think Apple is going to be taking in Apple Watches at...
Will the S1 processor in the Apple Watch be upgradeable? Is that a serious question? You are talking about the same company that solders RAM into the new Mac Mini. With that nonsense out the way, I think the watch will do well, but it won't do extremely well until battery life gets fixed and it's self sufficient. My fiance was excited about it until I told her an iPhone is required. When you can put on this watch and go work out and track your progress without having to...
What stock price does Apple need to get to to reach 1 trillion?
With phones getting bigger and more powerful and computers getting smaller and more powerful, the iPad is put in a position where it isn't necessary anymore. I love my iPad and will probably always have one, but I use my iPhone 6 and MacBook Air 11" far more than I do the iPad.   The iPad will still be huge in education and enterprise, but Apple does need to do something to reinvigorate people's interest in the product. Whatever happened to the split screen we were...