or Connect

Posts by Soundvision

This product is only valuable if it works all the time. Since it doesn't show the full card number, a business can't even manually enter your credit card in the event it doesn't work. Everyone who has a Coin right now purchased it before it was out in the wild, getting excited about its potential. Now that it is out in the wild and it's clear it doesn't work 100% of the time, that's a big problem. I think Coin is neat, and I've used it many places, but it isn't a product...
Not exactly. I carry my iPhone around with me regardless of Apple Pay. Being able to use Apple Pay is an added benefit. With Coin, it is meant to replace 4 of my credit cards. Ideally I would like to carry just Coin in my wallet and be done with it. Since Coin has issues certain places, I can't leave the house without my wallet of 4 other cards, rendering the value of Coin to be somewhat pointless for many people.
I have the first one and haven't been that thrilled with it. Mainly for the exact reasons jd_in_db have said. This is a product creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
My first gen Nest has been great, haven't had any issues with it. I've been slowly automating my house with Phillips Hues, Kiddie Smoke Alarms and the Wink hub. Wink didn't have the best of reviews, but it has worked flawlessly for me and has given me lots of fun things to try. I don't want to invest too heavily in Wink because I'm not sure what Apple will do, so hopefully they don't drag their feet too long getting this going.
This was my exact thought too. While it might be tough to implement, I think Apple could have come out with a game changer with something like this. I envisioned the $9.99 for streaming a back catalogue, but new artists could decide to make their new album be available for purchase at a discounted rate instead of streaming it for free. The price would still be cheaper than what a normal album costs, maybe $5. If the user doesn't want to pay $5 for the album, then they...
He has a very good point, and will likely be Apple Music's biggest problem.I personally have no issues with iTunes, but I also have modern computers that are taken care of very well. For many people I've talked too, especially Windows users, iTunes 12 is slow, bloated, and a pain to use.   For mobile users, Apple Music will be nice and snappy but for those that rely heavily on the desktop player, Spotify and others will probably run better. While I'm sure Apple would...
I meant to quote the person above me. I was saying this is not an act of desperation as he said.
Desperation, you're crazy. That's a huge joint venture for both parties and a big win for both. I'm no Spotify fan and definitely excited for Apple has in store, but this is a smart move.
Why would he do that? Where do you come up with these ideas? Tim's purpose was to comment on a bill that was getting passed in the very near future. Tim's voice along with others appears to have been enough to get the bills revised. To do the things you suggest seem a bit far fetched and illogical.I've been seeing this comment a lot on the web. It isn't rare, and even at my wedding, to have pizza come in as a late night snack during the reception. It may not be the main...
Tim Cook was not one of the CEO's who said they were pulling business out of Indiana or Arkansas, so calling him a hypocrite is kind of silly. If he had said "we are no longer going to sell Apple products in Indiana because of this," then you would be able to call him a hypocrite for continuing to sell products in other parts of the world. Tim was clearly voicing his concern for a law in a country that he is a citizen in. It's also the country where Apple has the most...