or Connect

Posts by Soundvision

I remember in the past when Steve Jobs would announce a new product and then would say, "it will be available in 2-3 months." This was for pretty much every Apple product they came out with. Now they come out with something new and say it's available today and have stockpiles of them. That's the work of Tim Cook.
It's funny you mention that. I remember when Apple came out with the first iPad it had that beautiful desktop with shooting stars. I sold Macs at the time and I got quite a few calls about their iPad being scratched out of the box. Told them to change their desktop pattern and the scratches went away. Had to explain to them it was just the shooting stars.
By the way, I have iOS 6 installed and walking directions are still loaded within the app. It's when you hit the mass transit button it takes you to the app store.
Hmm, interesting. I've really only used it in a few cities and that was sparingly. Looks like others agree with you that the data is often times wrong.   Maybe Apple went with the best solution after all.
I'm pretty sure for my city, nothing is easier than bringing up Maps and having Google tell me which bus to get on and when it leaves. Luckily I don't ride the bus much so it doesn't matter but this definitely that will be missed. I don't want to download 3rd party maps for every new city I'm instead versus just bring up Google Maps. At least Google will have a separate app so I can use their maps when needed.
Well you don't see any blind, deaf or handicapped people walking around with Mac Pros in their hand do you?I sold Macs for a living for many years and I've impacted a lot of people's lives with iPads, iPhone/iPod Touch and the Universal Access features of Mac OS X. I've never impacted someone's life with a Mac Pro. Not discounting the Mac Pro or its lack of update cycle, but being mad because they didn't update your high end Mac doesn't discount their motives.
Lack of bus routes could be a major buzzkill. I recently moved to a big city and having Google Maps tell me how the bus works is a life saver.   Google Maps leaves some big shoes to be filled, hopefully Apple can pull it off.
I could see Apple reserving the Retina Displays for just the 15 inch and larger models as a selling point.   We'll just have to to wait and see.
True and I'm sure the mic is party related to it.   If I had to guess it's because they are using Dragon's technology, not their own.
For the developed markets I've been to all around Asia, $250-$300 seems pretty expensive, especially for a phone that is that old. Everyone I see has cheapo Nokias with prepaid SIMS.   I'd be curious to see what their definition of developing markets is.