or Connect

Posts by Soundvision

Best Buy often times sells Apple products at a discount. Most times when I go into Best Buy, Apple computers are usually $100 below retail. Wal-Mart and Sam's Club both sell Apple products below retail, but not by very much. Amazon rarely sells Apple Computers at MSRP. It's very common. Apple doesn't care, no matter where you buy a Mac, it came from them somewhere down the distribution line.
It's really not that hard, especially if you're familiar with building a computer and all the hoops that come with setting up a Linux box. About 3-4 years ago I wanted a tower but couldn't afford a Mac Pro. I built a Hackintosh from the ground up with Mac OS X in mind, buying parts that were deemed the most compatible. It was a lot of fun and the computer still runs like a champ today. I'd never recommend it over a real Mac but it's a fun science project. Go over to...
Who cares, well besides you? I actually find it pretty interesting that the Sprint CEO has these comments to say about the iPhone and its competitors.
I think we'll eventually see Apple go down this road. Just like on the Mac, we don't have a separate app for photos, just iPhoto. Same with the other iApps. Think about an iPad loaded up with Garageband, iMovie, iPhone and iWork. Would be hell of a machine out of the box (although it already is).
Might be difficult to put a price on it. Everyone who worked on it was probably an employee on salary, so they were paying that person anyways. If you were to outsource this software then it would probably get pretty pricey. I'd be curious to know how long it takes to make software like this.
Let me rephrase what I meant.What I meant was that none of Apple's products will need to connect to the Windows 8 tablet so I don't see a need for iTunes. iTunes was created for Windows to hook up iPods.In no way was I commenting on what ports it will have.
Office for the iPad has already been spotted in the wild according to The Daily. Considering Microsoft loves to make money I'd guess they come out with it regardless of what Apple does. I highly doubt Apple will come out with iTunes for a Microsoft tablet since you don't connect any device to it. Could be wrong but we'll see.http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/02...h-apps-office/
Palms's former CEO Ed Colligan said that in 2006. "We've learned and struggled for a few years here figuring out how to make a decent phone,'' he said. "PC guys are not going to just figure this out. They're not going to just walk in.''
You are probably right about that. Question is, how much bandwidth is taken up just using Dictation versus Siri? Time will tell. For now I haven't been using Siri that much, not because it doesn't work but because I don't always adapt to new features immediately. People I know who are using Siri the most seem to be new iPhone users. I've been using an iPhone since day one and already have a method for doing things, so while Siri might be easier, it's hard to retrain myself...
I wouldn't be surprised to see Siri ship as a software upgrade with iOS 6 comes out later this year. I have found the dictation works quite well on my new iPad and am using it far more than I do on my iPhone. If dictation is already available then there is no reason that Siri wouldn't work (I'm assuming) so maybe they are just getting the kinks worked out.