or Connect

Posts by amidala

Aaak
Apple wouldn't release a 4MP camera. Maybe 3, but most likely 2. That way it could have a 5GB hard drive, firewire and rechargable (via firewire) battery (of course I'd also like to have extra batteries because the flash uses quite a bit of power before 5GB is filled). Andrew
I think the keyboard should lower a few millimeters when the thing is closed - because my screen is scratched from the keyboard. Which is lame, of course. Larger resolution would be fine, I guess, but all the programs I use work great - FCP and so on. I like it being so thin - it's nice and easy like that. I don't like seeing the screen get all waterlike when I accidently forget to open or close it using the corners of the screen. I don't use shaped CDs - they seem...
You are all missing the HUGE point of this. You will NOT be using it for a long time. DVDs were available in the early 90s - it's been nearly 10 years. They were "developed" probably before 1990. However you slice it though, this new technology is similar to the first DVDs - about 4.7GB. Now DVDs are 18GBs. So the BlueRays will be well over 100GB in the future. And they are made for HDTV, not for regular movies. Because if you watch your DVDs on your new HDTV set,...
When the CDs become mainstream, there will be software available to copy it. Everything can be broken. Andrew
I haven't tested it, cause I don't feel like spenidng the monye too, but I've heard that under OS X, the superdrive can use DVD-RWs (Hewlett Packard kind DVD-RWs) I guess it's pretty simple - it just re-writes (doesn't ask or anything)...I'm not sure, but that's what I've heard. Andrew PS-it's a software thing, so it doesn't work like that under OS9
He wants to know if you buy Apple because its "Apple" In his statement, the "mystery computer" runs Apple Software FASTER. Software would look and work the EXACT SAME as it does now. The hardware is the EXACT SAME HARDWARE that Apple has or will have at one point. The ONLY DIFFERENCE between what will be made by Apple and what this "computer" is is the fact that Apple does not make it, and that it does not use an APple OS. Of course since the programs are all Apple...
I think you're all forgetting something. Apple has not annoucned a press-conference. So if they are updating stuff soon, there will be no hoopla about it. Andrew
[quote]Originally posted by M5884: If they wanted to keep their jobs they would be very concerned with the G5. Otherwise they will get fired. During bad times only the best keep their jobs. The best don't worry about whether they will keep their jobs becasue they know they are the best.
Although this has nothin to do with Motorola, your statement is false. During bad times, the inexpensive keep their jobs. Those who are older with...
[quote]Originally posted by Alexander: That's a very good point, but I still can't help feeling that 133MHz SDR is a little, well, obsolete. C'mon Apple, decent motherboard! Alex
Hey you're in Palo Alto...it can't be hard to find out where Mr. Jobs lives... Threten him with this: "Ok, Mr. Jobs - G5 or DDR Ram on your MoBo, or your garden gets it!" He'll give you both a G6 and the successor of DDR...and then he'll tell you that...