or Connect

Posts by Apple ][

You're probably right. One day I hope to become filthy rich. I wouldn't be using my money for philanthropy, like certain other people do. There are so many groups and causes out there that I would like to crush and destroy. That's what I would donate money towards.
Luckily, I haven't run into any of those moronic protesters and lowlifes lately. They really piss me off, and if I didn't care about their cause before, I definitely don't give a crap about their cause now, and they are now definitely my enemy.
Yes, many of them make tons of money and they can certainly afford to buy whatever they please. However, why would somebody who makes millions of dollars a year need to be given a watch? If the Apple Watch was that great, don't you think that these celebrities would just go and buy one themselves?
 It was the first computer that I ever used and it was the first computer that I was exposed to. There was an Apple ][ in my classroom.
 I've never thought that all people were equal. But the next time that I discriminate against a group of people on this forum, I will expect to not meet any resistance from anybody, since Apple is also in the discrimination business.
I of course want AAPL to be at all time highs, and you're correct that I'm not overly concerned with questionable labor laws and environmental regulations and manufacturing in shady countries. It's just that I've always seen celebrity promotion as one of the lowest common demominator and simplest forms of advertising. It's used by all sorts of crappy companies, especially those with terrible products.  I would just prefer to see Apple focus on the products, because it's...
 You don't know that. What I would offer is words of honesty, which is far better than what any celebrities can offer, since many of them are merely promotional whores, who will whore themselves out to anybody who comes along. Some of these same celebrities would probably just as easily wear a Samsung gold watch on their wrist, if given to them for free.
Thanks. I've been around, I've just been busy with a few other things that I also have to take care of. I agree that it's probably good publicity, but I'm just not a big fan of the celebrity worship culture that is prevalent in our society, and I am disappointed to see Apple jumping on it. It's the same reason that I don't like the Beats ads. Who gives a crap about some sports celebrities wearing headphones? Is that really the shallow crowd that Apple is marketing...
I am serious.
I don't like all these celebrities getting Apple hardware for free, and before the products are even released for sale.   If I were a celebrity, would I accept an Apple Watch from Apple? Hell yeah.   But since I'm not, and since I don't get any Apple products for free or before they are released, I am going to give this article two thumbs down.   I think that it's sad that Apple is jumping on the celebrity bandwagon. Apple doesn't need any "celebrities" to be using...