or Connect

Posts by Apple ][

Phablets are just big phones. It seems to me that some people who I see using crappy Android phablets are trying to kill two birds with one stone, but they are not succeeding. I think that many phablet users can't afford a tablet, so they figure that their big phone will be an ok compromise, but it's not of course.
 At what point is a phablet no longer a phablet? Where is the cut off size? I swear, if I ever saw some anonymous person sitting on a train or bus and holding up a 13" phablet to their head and using it as a phone, I would have no choice but to be pointing my finger in their general direction and I would be laughing out loud at how stupid they look. I don't think that I would be able to control myself. 
Bring it on! I welcome both sizes!    I don't care if somebody chooses the 4.7 or the 5.5. Choose whatever the hell you like. As long as Apple moves a crapload of phones, which they most certainly will, then that's what counts.   It's funny how Android makers all abandoned competing with Apple in the 4" phone space, because none of them could make a decent phone, so they had to move to larger phones. When the larger iPhone gets released, I am fully expecting that to...
I can definitely see Apple having a few differentiating features between the two sized phones.   Apple sometimes seems to make it a hard to choice to pick between various models of a product. People will have to weigh the cons and the pros of each one.   Maybe somebody was all set on getting the smaller model, but then they notice that the larger iPhone has a killer battery time. What to do, what to do.
A turd wrapped in plastic is the same to me as a turd wrapped in metal. At the end of the day, you're still left with a turd.
Another new game that definitely deserves a mention is World of Tanks Blitz. I haven't tried it yet, but I did just download it because I noticed it on the app store, and I'll probably check it out later. The game is over one gig, so people with no space on their iDevices need not apply.
Sometimes I criticize Apple, but in this thread I am definitely going to be an Apple "apologist".   LOL@ those people who are complaining about a $50 security lock in this thread. I doubt that those people who are complaining even own any new Mac Pros. And if an owner of a new Mac Pro is interested in securing their machine for whatever purpose, then $50 is peanuts. People who have an Android mentality do not buy any Mac Pros.   It's like people who complain that...
As for Apple's stock price and analysts.   A lot of them are going to have to raise their price targets soon, because they will be underwater, and they will look like morons if they don't. They're merely playing catch up, analysts rarely predict anything accurately, they merely follow after the fact, and rather poorly too.
 What kind of conference was that?, because I hardly ever see any Android tablets in the wild. I am however not the least bit surprised by the glitchiness and lagginess that you describe on those garbage tablets. I believe that it is a combination of people being cheap and ignorant. I've mentioned this before, but last time I took a flight, I'd say that 90-95% of all tablet devices that I saw were iPads. If I were in a room and the majority of tablets that I saw were...
 This is all speculation of course, but it's possible that they would do away with the existing headphone out, in the quest for ever thinner devices. I do know that iOS already has the ability to run digital audio out, as that is what I do sometimes. I use a device called an iConnectmidi 2+ and it connects to either the lightning port or the 30 pin port, and it allows you to transmit the audio digitally into another device, like a Mac.