or Connect

Posts by icoco3

At the large computer store I worked at for a couple years,  a 3 year laptop warranty was $500 (back in 2000 when laptops were $2000+)  As an employee, we could get it at store cost, about $300.   Here is the kicker....it was backed by yet another company and all the repair jobs came through our store and we could bill for the labor, they supplied the parts for year 2 and after.  We made money on selling the warranty and even more when they brought it back for repair. ...
 You are correct, it is just how it is processed on the front end.  Instead of the card company sending a credit transaction to your bank to go on a balance, it gets debited.  Run as credit, I pay no bank fees, merchant pays credit card acceptance fees, money debited from my account on the back end.  Run as a debit with PIN, merchant pays no fees, I get charged a transaction fee by my bank, money debited from my account on the back end.
 The retailer runs it as credit but MasterCard/Visa just debits from your bank account as a debit card.  It can be used as a debit card but also a credit.  That is why there is an option at the checkout to process it as credit.
 Walmarts issue was not allowing people who had Mastercard or Visa Debit use them as credit which is a violation of the Mastercard and Visa policies
With the new iPhones being launched and ApplePay spreading even more, the market will already be dominated by a secure system and people just won't want to tie their bank account to the payment system.  Also, people use credit cards as cash they do not have and pay later.   RIP CurrentC
My most respected security guy is Steve Gibson.  He hosts a podcast called SecurityNow with Leo Laporte and if you go here https://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm and scroll down the episode #506 called Law Enforcement Backdoors you can hear a good explanation on why this is unworkable. 27 25 and scroll down to
One check box...."Block Google"
 Yeah, sit downstairs and make it go cold on my wife upstairs!!!
 The analyst has nailed the jello to the wall...
Just keep buying back shares until there is just a few then close the deal.