or Connect

Posts by e_veritas

You can only tell what type of browser/device someone is using by checking header information in HTTP requests. Unless you are the requested server (which an airport WiFi router would NOT be), the only way to see this information is to "listen in". While the data ON your iPhone may be encrypted, that isn't the case for any data that you are transmitting from your phone when using an unencrypted HTTP connection, like username/passwords, email, and anything else.
  Do you even know what LTE signals may be in your airport, or are you just making stuff up? Also, no-one is going over some 2GB cap while waiting for their flight. You just think that everyone uses their LTE connection EXCEPT when they go to airport because they are suddenly concerned about their data cap? Absurd logic...   With the exception of major international hubs, most airport traffic is still going to be domestic. Do you even work at MIA which is the only Florida...
Oh really??? Maybe you can reference them then. Only thing I see in the AI TOS is:   "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."   Oddly, no mention of 'fanboy'....
  There, I fixed that for you.   Honestly, if your going to keep stating this, you should at least be consistent in your monitoring. Instead, you let handfuls of pro-apple comments use 'fanboy' without saying anything, and then jump on the first one that isn't 100% pro-apple.   Don't you at least want to give the perception that AI moderators are un-biased in their enforcement of rules?
Have you ever considered that unlike the iPhone, Android phones have had LTE capabilities for some time? Maybe Android users are simply using their superior 4G connection instead of crappy public Wi-Fi? I typically get download speeds of 10+Mbps with LTE...I doubt any airport Wi-Fi even comes close.   Also, your comment is a good reminder that anyone can scan a public Wi-Fi network, and to avoid them when possible :) I wonder if your employer knows you are running network...
  It looks like AI decided to try to insert the redacted content from Apple's trial brief. All Things Digital was reporting the content, so I imagine that AI took the content from them and inserted it into content that they got from the trial brief itself. Unless they have the unredacted version though, seems a little disingenuous of AI to not attribute rumored content.
  According to Samsung's trial brief, the picture looks completely different when it isn't Apple 'cherry-picking' the phones to compare.       Also, a list of their design prototypes in 2006...    
  I think you may be correct. The first case where infringement was found may be a wash.   "Because both Apple and Samsung in this way won part of the lawsuit, they both had to pay their own litigation costs, the court ruled. Both parties agreed that the winner had to pay for all the litigation costs."
  When Apple states that they should not pay for IP that everyone else pays for, have been ruled against in other courts, and make outrageous claims to justify (Samsung deceiving ETSI), how is this not the same as claiming "free for the taking"?   Also, I never said Apple treats ALL Samsung IP the same way. You are putting words in my mouth, exaggerating my comments, and throwing out a straw man.   Fair enough, I would agree that Samsung has more 'scandals' than does...
  According to ComputerWorld...