or Connect

Posts by e_veritas

Docking??? How last millenium of you! With new advances in things like bluetooth connectivity for stereos, you really consider docking to be a selling point?  
  Apparently you have made the false assumption that all companies operate the same as Apple and begin releasing their product immediately after they announce them. Even though the S3 launch date took place on the 3rd, they did not begin selling it until the EMEA region on the 29th.   http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/05/29/samsung-galaxy-s3-big-launch-to-28-countries/     This article has nothing to do with sales, it has to do with units shipped. None of the preorders...
  Apparently you are the one in need a basic math lesson, so let me offer a helping hand.   First I will correct the odd way in which you calculate duration. When the S3 went on sale May 29th, and the quarter ended June 30th, that comes out to a duration of 33 days. 33 days does NOT equal "2 months" by any stretch of the imagination.   Second, lets correct the way in which you calculate rate and time. At 33 days, and 6.5M units, the S3 was shipping at an average rate of...
  I'm sure he was :) Let us just hope that Apple fares as equally well in their E-book price fixing investigation, their ex-Sales Manager money laundering/wire fraud lawsuit, and Chinese labor investigations. Oh wait....Paul Shin Devine was already convicted guilty and sentenced. Well, hopefully 2 out of 3 won't be bad.
    Since Samsung stated that 6.5 million "shipped", one could assume that the other 2.5 million have simply not shipped yet. Considering that the SIII is just now finally rolling out to many of the US carriers, this does not seem like an outrageous assumption.
  My comment was more of a "matter of fact" statement, and not meant to be confrontational. I take many of the comments made on this site with a grain of salt as a result.
  You'll find several on this site that wear Apple-tinted glasses :)
    Hmmm...someone apparently needs to spread the memo to the other moderators.    
  If you clicked the first link in the article, you would find that Universal Search in indeed the patent in question here. The fact that a patent was issued for this is ABSURD, and regardless of your sentiments towards Apple, any support for this level of patent trolling is repulsive.   U.S. Patent No. 8,086,604 for a "universal interface for retrieval of information in a computer system" that was the basis of Friday's ruling..   And for the record, Samsung hasn't been...
"Apple has made a clear showing that, in the absence of a preliminary injunction, it is likely to lose substantial market share in the smartphone market and to lose substantial downstream sales of future smartphone purchases and tag-along products," Judge Koh said in Friday's ruling.   Who is still buying the Samsung Galaxy Nexus? I can see "lose substantial market share" if this was a PI against the S3 that is currently selling millions, but the Galaxy Nexus???