or Connect

Posts by e_veritas

Why do you think people are gullible for believing figures from companies like Nielsen, comScore, Juniper, etc? Are you suggesting that these analytics are not very accurate?   And how does Android have anything to do with calculating sales numbers for companies that don't release sales figures?
There you go blatantly distorting the facts again... Samsung's own attorney couldn't tell the difference from across a court room. Given enough distance, any two objects of similar size will be indistinguishable.   The point that others are making, and are supported by the majority of court case rulings, is that Samsung was NEVER making slavish copies of Apple products. Realizing this does not mean that someone is an "Apple-hater" as you claim, it simply means they are...
There are many ways of extrapolating sales, and several companies are in the business of doing exactly that...
The injunction in Australia was overturned by a full bench and ruled to be inappropriate, so I don't know how you claim that as a victory. When you say 'data mining', I assume you mean Apple's "data tapping" patent, and that injunction request by Apple against Samsung was quickly dismissed. Regarding Motorola, I have no idea why you bring that up when we are discussing your "copying" allegations against Samsung.   The only one drooling over these issues is YOU with your...
  I'll ask you again, exactly WHAT significant battles are you referring to??? Last time I checked, there was one victory for Apple against Samsung, and that was a limited PI for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany for design infringement. That laughably 'significant' battle resulted in Samsung simply moving the Tab's speakers a fraction of an inch; from the side of the tablet to the front.
Has anyone been able to confirm if the new Maps for iOS 6 will support navigation directions for pedestrian, cycling, and public transportation? This was a huge benefit of Google Maps, especially when on vacation without a rental vehicle. From initial analysis, this seems to be a very 'watered-down' version of Google Maps.
  Really??? Please do tell, because apparently you know something the rest of us don't.    As far as I'm concerned a limited PI in Germany for design infringement, and an Exclusion Order in the US from a quasi-judicial agency for a single decade-old patent does not qualify as "quite a few victories". Both of these "victories" have had a trivial impact, and hardly count as significant considering the HANDFULS of allegations from Apple that have been dismissed or ruled...
  You do realize that S-Voice's voice recognition is powered by Vlingo, and Vlingo was acquired by Nuance for use in Siri, don't you? Considering the development came from the same origins, why is it so outrageous that the end products are so similar?   Or maybe you just blindly thought that all this technology was developed in-house by Apple, and therefore, copied by Samsung?
  In regards to the desktop arena, is your memory really that short that you forgot the GINORMOUS Apple vs Microsoft case? Considering they lost that case and over 70% of Apple's revenue comes from iOS, it makes no sense to challenge that losing desktop battle again.   In regards to the current mobile lawsuits, virtually none of the cases are being ruled in Apple's favor with the exception of a few minor victories. Considering that massive numbers of allegations are being...
Google Earth crashed ONCE and the presenter wasn't able to launch it the first couple of attempts because the old instance was still running. I don't think it is fair to say it crashed 3 times. Besides, even Steve Job's keynote presentation of the iPhone 4 wasn't without it's own hiccups. The phone couldn't even get a signal at one point. Were you screaming "half baked" then as well???