or Connect

Posts by e_veritas

I don't know what is more interesting. These back and forth "copying" debates, or watching a couple 6 year olds play a game of "I know you are, but what am I"?...
  Since you are replying to his comment, one can only assume you are referencing the technologies that he mentioned. So cartography, speech recognition, and 3D visualization are "complicated, obscure technologies" now??? Right, no one ever thought about using speech recognition for voice commands, and using maps for navigation before Apple /s. Oh brother....
"Friday's data looks to be congruous with a separate report from Chitika in April that found 71 percent of all mobile traffic originating from iOS devices.   Apparently someone has the definition of "congruous" confused. In Chitika's April report, iPhone and Android both averaged the same at around 25% of the total mobile traffic. Now this month (only one month later), iPhone beats out Android nearly 3 to 1 in traffic. None of the other previous data points (like...
  Gladly!   Prior to Relic posting a patent design from Nokia, you were more than willing to state that it was 'obvious' Nokia had copied from the 6th gen iPod Nano. Your criteria for determining this was simply that Apple had the design first, Nokia's design looked similar, so therefore, anyone following had to be copying.   However, after Relic made his post with the design drawing that was prior to the 6th gen iPod Nano, and the reverse was suggested, your criteria for...
  I love how readily you change your criteria for deciding if something has been 'copied'.
Apparently the lesson to be learned the last few days is that any comment is ok, as long as it is 'Pro-Apple', including racist/xenophobic comments from moderators. However, using the word 'crappy' will get you banned if it is in any shape or form 'Anti-Apple'. Have I been following along correctly?   To confirm, suppose I love Mac and iOS products, but despise AppleTV. Will I be banned for any disparaging comments with regards to the latter?
It seems like even though the cable/satellite company does not know who 'you' ARE, they still know what 'you' are watching. I can see where jragosta and Gatorguy are both correct, depending on whether you consider anonymous tracking to still be 'you'.   I myself would tend to agree with Gatorguy, as it would be very simple to put a name to the individual 'anonymous' tracking. What if there was a court order to match up that 'anonymous' tracking to an individual? I...
  I'm thinking you may not correctly understand what hyperbole is? To clarify, hyperbole is an exaggerated phrase such as "I waited an eternity", "I tried a thousand times", etc. What comment from jragosta qualifies as such? Pretty much everything he stated in his comment appeared to be meant taken literally.
  Maybe so. As I said before, quoting some comments from an article in the tech section of a local TV station website was never offered as 'scientific proof'. I quoted them because they seemed to me to reflect a majority of the comments I am seeing on this issue in non-Apple/Android/Tech sites. I also felt the cheers/jeers aspect was very telling because it is a lower hurdle for participation, minimizing the "vigorous with negative comments" factor, as you put it. It...
If your expecting the general public to have a sound understanding of the topic, prepare to be disappointed TS!