or Connect

Posts by e_veritas

AMOLED screens have long considered to be superior to LCD screens in regards to contrast, viewing angle, and power consumption. They lagged behind in pixel density for a while, but that no longer appears to be the case . Exactly what metric do you think LCD's have an edge over AMOLED?   LCDs are soooo last millenium...
I don't see how this is going to result in a PI from the district court. Reading the decision only indicates that the district court was erroneous to consider patent D'899 invalid based upon the 'broad' interpretation of visual design that Apple was looking for it to cover. The appellate court was merely saying that this was incorrect, as patent D'899 was valid under a 'limited' interpretation. Using this clarified definition of the patent from the appellate court would...
Do people and practices in South Korea have a 'duty' to accommodate a court half way around the globe in Northern California with no jurisdiction over them? I would be curious to know what requirements US law imposes upon foreign corporations when selling their products here.
I know that those are the standards for the USPTO which governs the US, but that is not the same standard used throughout the rest of the world. Are you stating this from some knowledge of Chinese trademark law? I unfortunately know very little about China's governing laws and would love to hear from anyone who can give some insight.   As I understand it, the 'fraud' that Proview claims goes much deeper than Apple's proxy corporation that is being discussed here. It was...
  I'm sure they may indeed have if residents sold property under the condition that the land would not be used to build a massive theme park. I was under the impression that part of Proview's complaint is that negotiations indicated that the transfer of the trademark would be 'non-competing'.
Would have been a lot cheaper, and less headache for Apple to have paid the additional $10 million dollars when the transfer mistake was first discovered.
  But to my point, are you suggesting that whoever came up with the bonfire should be laying claims to the patent on "convection ovens"?   I see that you are very good as drawing tangents to the conversation, but not very good at relating them to the crux of the discussion....
  Phew, it is good to see that if we cherry pick and define our own criteria for modern laptop, we can show that Apple was indeed first. For what is is worth, the first clam shell, hinged laptop was the GRiD Compass in 1982 and is typically noted as the first modern laptop computer.
  No one is detracting from Apple's superior industrial design. I own a MBA myself as I find it to be competitively priced for what it is. However, you don't see me running around saying that Apple should own the patent on laptops because of how great it is.
  Again, my contention is that a bezeled rectangle, rounded corners, and button at the bottom does not qualify as a "unique design". How you compare such a broad design to that of a car is beyond me. Fortunately, most courts around the globe have decided to not use your definition of "unique design" as well.   The fact that a lawyer can't distinguish between 2 products from a distance is completely anecdotal, but I love how you rely on it to support your case. I have...