or Connect

Posts by e_veritas

Not sure if this would have an impact, but on Android's browser, you have the option to change the User Agent header. You can update it to make the requested website think you are on an iPhone, Android, Desktop, etc. Personally, I have my User Agent set as Desktop because I hate getting the mobile versions of sites when I'm on a 10+ inch screen. Because of this, my web surfing would not even show up in these mobile statistics. Makes one wonder how many other Android...
I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the iPhone being so late to the 4G party. Android phones have had at least a 1 year head start in that arena. Without a newer 4S, WiFi is the only viable option for streaming video and using bandwidth intensive apps for iPhone users.
I've always heard resolution and pixel density defined as 2 different things, with resolution being the number of discrete pixels in the display and pixel density being the number of pixels per area. Using that definition, many of the new android phones have a higher resolution 'by far'. High End Androids | 1280x720 = 921,600 pixels iPhone 4s | 960 x 640 = 614,400 pixels Also using the definition of pixel density, there are several phones that beat the iPhone 4s. HTC...
I'm curious to know how caching policies are influencing these numbers, especially in the mobile arena where it is more limited. If a mobile browser caches a page, re-navigating to the content is not going to show up as a server request and contribute to marketshare numbers. From personal experience, my Android 2.2 phone observably caches more content than my 3GS which capped assets to cache @ 25kb. It was reported that the iPad cached no content when it was released w/...