or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

I believe Geoff is correct, TS.Market share only measure sales during a particular period of time... usually a quarter. In other words... they add up all the tablets sold during those 3 months... then figure out what percentage each manufacturer had. Market share measures sales.Usage share measures the usage of existing devices... not just those sold over the last 3 months. Usage share measures usage.A person using an iPad 3 from 2012 will show up in current usage...
The parking decks will be below the surface of the site with the main structure above it.That sounds underground to me.I mean... if you're standing on the ground-level of the office... but there are two floors below you... aren't those floors underground?
That's true... but each .x release adds a bunch of APIs that the previous releases don't have.Android 4.0 had a certain number of APIs and features... 4.1 added more... 4.2 added even more... and so on for 4.3... 4.4... etc.You're right... 4.0-4.4 is on 85% of Android devices. But if there was some amazing new feature introduced specifically in 4.4... only 18% can use it.Google announced 5,000 new or updated APIs in Android L. So you're gonna need Android L to take...
No offense taken.I just find it odd that out of a dozen people reading this thread... one person was able to answer my question with no problem... but two people actually had to show me how wrong I was.I feel special
Thank you comment police.It wasn't enough for one person to tell me I was wrong... you also felt the need correct me.A full day later too. Congrats.
I am amazed that you even bothered to make a comment like that.Look... I stopped reading the article when they went into describing what iBeacon is... because I already knew that. Sorry.Had I read a little but further... I would have found my answer. But Foad answered my question anyway... without the condescending tone.Forgive me for causing you to take time out of your busy schedule to point out my mistake. You can now go back to whatever it is you do here... hopefully...
If this is Apple's first dedicated iBeacon-compatible beacon hardware... what hardware are they using in Apple Stores right now?
I wonder where they got that data from?Did you move your business from one address to another? Or is it listed somewhere completely wrong? Maybe they have old data that hasn't been updated... but what is that data?I want to know where Apple and Google gets these addresses in the first place. If we knew that, we'd at least have a place to start making corrections.No one seems to know where they get this data from... yet all the POI data is dependent upon it.Apple used to...
Gotcha... that makes sense. They need to get on with it then! I can see that working for small businesses... but what about large chains?Would Apple's search engine have to scrape McDonalds.com or Subway.com to get the addresses of all their restaurants? Or the hundreds of other restaurants and stores with one website but many locations?
Would the Apple search engine help this maps/POI problem? Or are you talking about a search engine in general to get away from Google?For POI data... the information has to be somewhere online for Apple's search engine to crawl.But I'm getting the impression from this thread that there is NOT an online location where all this POI data exists.If there was... why couldn't Apple just licence that data instead of building a search engine to crawl the web?I agree that Apple...