or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

I'm sure Michael Dell regrets those words... considering he DID give their money back to their shareholders.But at least Dell didn't have to shut down... they'll still be around to deliver great products
That's a good question.Apple made it clear that they generate a one-time token that gets used instead of your actual credit card number.That seems to be the best (only?) way I'd want it to be.Also... I think TouchID is another great thing that Apple brings to the table. It's simple... yet offers a great amount of security.
I thought I heard that GT Advanced Technologies was larger than the rest of the sapphire manufacturers combined ? If so... who cares if they aren't making iPhone screen covers... they're clearly doing something right.
As TS said... they can't do that.But let's pretend Apple could operate their own network in the United States.So what about the 150 other countries that the iPhone is currently available in?Apple may have their hands in a lot of different businesses... but they don't want to be in the carrier business.
Yep!I never used a PIN with my old iPhone 4S... too much hassle.But with TouchID... my phone is easy to unlock... and waaay more protected than before.
Hmmmm... I thought he got the fingerprint off a clean beer bottle... and then did the superglue, digital camera, laser printer, rubber cement tricks. But in any event... it was done in a controlled environment.You're right... let's see someone attempt this with a stolen phone out in the wild.This is probably why we haven't seen anyone else succeed with this "hack"Apple did get something right with TouchID... it's a pretty good solution.
Exactly.And that was almost a year ago. I guess no one else has bothered to publish another TouchID hack. It must be more trouble than it's worth.
Right... which is why Google also has the API Level numbers listed too.4.X is meaningless when you consider:4.0 = API Level 154.1 = API Level 164.2 = API Level 174.3 = API Level 184.4 = API Level 19If you write an app to take advantage of features in 4.4 (API Level 19) it won't do all it's supposed to do if you have Android 4.3 or below (without a lot of workarounds, right?).
Gotcha.But what about non-Google features?For instance... Android "L" will introduce 5,000 completely new APIs. (some Google... some not)So in order for a developer to use the new non-Google Service APIs... the user must have Android "L"Instead... developers will forgo most of those new "L" features until enough people can use them... right?I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.iOS 7 is installed on 91% of its devices... which allows tons of people to take advantage...
Ok... so Google Play Services just allows people with older versions of Android to access certain Google apps and services. It has nothing to do with the thousands of other individual APIs.So if there was some groundbreaking new feature introduced in Android 4.4.... the user absolutely MUST have Android 4.4 to use that feature.Is that right?