or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Yep... and you can also tell by the overall sound quality in the commercial. It definitely doesn't sound like a normal VO booth recording. They added a lot of noise reduction from the original movie recording.I just overlaid the iPad commercial audio with the movie audio in an audio editor. It's a match (except the speed/pitch is slightly different)RIP Robin... you will be missed.
And that brown stuff is dirt...
Exactly.The point of Facebook Messenger app is so you can quickly respond to messages without opening Facebook.And so you won't be tempted by Top 10 lists and other crap.
Windows has the bigger number for sure. But does that mean Apple is losing?Look at how many PC manufacturers have disappeared from the market. IBM, Compaq, Sony, Gateway, etc. They sold themselves to other companies because they couldn't cut it on their own. BTW... all those companies were selling "Windows" computers.Hell... HP and Dell were thinking about exiting the consumer PC market too because the market was becoming too saturated and they were barely making...
There was not always a real distinction between them:
Huh? You must be reading different forums than I am.You've never heard those tired market share arguments? How Android "dominates" the mobile market? Or how Apple is doomed?Yeah I don't believe it either... but it gets implied quite often.Yep... it's effectively that now. Android and iOS represent 95% of the mobile market.I'm not sure how to remedy that though. There are other platforms out there... but they're just not popular enough.People stopped buying Symbian, Palm...
There are over 100 manufacturers of tablets... and over 500 models of tablets on sale around the world.Most of them are cheap junk Android tablets... but they're tablets nonetheless. And since more tablets get shipped every quarter... someone must actually be buying them. (unless they all end up in a landfill in New Mexico) China and India have 2,600,000,000 people combined. I would imagine that's where a lot of tablets end up.We always debate these shipment numbers......
Amazon only make an appearance in the "Top 5" during the Christmas quarter and the Spring quarter.The other two quarters they are far below... mixed in with "Others" like they are now.I love it when people say "but the Kindle Fire is the best-selling tablet on Amazon!"That's true... on Amazon.com. But when you factor in all the other tablets around the world... Amazon barely makes a dent in the tablet market.According to the data in this chart... Amazon sold no more than...
I believe Geoff is correct, TS.Market share only measure sales during a particular period of time... usually a quarter. In other words... they add up all the tablets sold during those 3 months... then figure out what percentage each manufacturer had. Market share measures sales.Usage share measures the usage of existing devices... not just those sold over the last 3 months. Usage share measures usage.A person using an iPad 3 from 2012 will show up in current usage...
The parking decks will be below the surface of the site with the main structure above it.That sounds underground to me.I mean... if you're standing on the ground-level of the office... but there are two floors below you... aren't those floors underground?