or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

It's odd to see Asus trading blows like this... especially when the bulk of their laptop sales are garbage like this: 5 pounds... spinning hard drive... and free internet security! Woohoo!!!
If Microsoft pays IDC to fudge the numbers... KNOWING they are false... what exactly is Microsoft getting out of that?What if EVERYBODY paid to get their numbers up? Wouldn't that devalue the entire report?I don't understand what analysts like IDC are supposed to do.
Apple sold 21 million iPads last quarter... which is down from a year ago. But with people saying they are keeping their existing iPads for many years... would that mean the majority of those 21 million iPads were sold to new users? That's still pretty good, right? It's true that iPads last a loooong time. So even if you do upgrade you'll likely hand your old iPad down to another family member and keep it in service. In short... the number of iPads in use keep...
Would they be correct in that assumption?If they had asked me... I would have suggested 2 USB ports and 0 headphone jacks.We have Bluetooth headphones to eliminate the 3.5mm headphone jack... but there is no similar replacement for USB yet.
Foggy said it best... readers are interested in Apple. They are more likely to read an article about Apple than any other company.There could be an article about Samsung killing kittens... or Microsoft curing cancer.But a tiny article about Apple (or one that barely talks about Apple) will get more clicks.
The ASP for the iPhone should be higher or at worst case the same. But I'm guessing higher.
Yeah... I don't see Apple ditching their home button anytime soon either. It works well as it is.But didn't Apple have some patents for under-the-glass sensors? Lord knows they've patented everything else
It doesn't say you can't touch the sensor... it just says you don't have to touch the sensor.Qualcomm's sensor uses ultrasonic waves to read your fingerprint... instead of direct contact.The article speculates that the sensor could even be under under the surface of the phone. Imagine if your entire screen could read your fingerprint.It's a pretty neat idea. Let's hope it's as accurate as capacitive sensors.
This will be the 2nd announcement for the Apple Watch... and the 2nd time they've invited press from all over the country (and across the world)I'll be shocked if they don't give us EVERYTHING at this event to wrap this up.There won't be a 3rd event since the Apple Watch comes out next month... and the price is something that is too important to just casually mention in a press release.My vote is that March 9th will complete the Apple Watch story. If they don't... they're...