or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Too large to use it how with one hand?If you're talking about reaching every possible square inch of the screen with one thumb... I already have difficulty on the iPhone 5S.But I'm fine with that. I just readjust the way I hold the phone.My iPhone 5S is an amazing little pocket computer. But using one thumb sucks for most iPhone tasks.The last phone I used with one thumb was this phone:Even my Blackberry... with its amazing keyboard... I typed with two thumbs (two...
Is 4.7" considered a phablet these days? Or is it becoming normal?I don't know what Apple's market research reveals... but do they expect to stay at 4" forever?I realize Apple's 4" phone is the best-selling smartphone on Earth... but clearly something is up.Honestly... I wish Apple would start making a range of current iPhones. They do that with iPads, iMacs, Macbooks...
Think of all the people who are begging Apple not to make a giant phone because they think phones should be usable with one hand.But if you hold the phone with one hand... you only have one thumb for input. That's a single finger.How do you do multi-finger genstures with one thumb?That's why I was saying I prefer to use two hands with my iPhone: one hand grasping the phone... and multiple fingers on the 2nd hand doing the pinching and zooming, swiping, etc.Or I simply...
Exactly!"One-handed" actually means "one-thumbed" and my lone thumb can't provide decent control. If at all possible... I use two hands like you described: one hand holding the phone and the other hand's index finger providing the input.I can send a text message with one hand (one thumb) thanks to the keyboard being at the bottom of the screen.But there is soooo much more I do with my phone. Pinching and zooming? Needs two hands. Multi-finger gestures? Needs two...
Sorry man.... I honestly have no idea what you were trying to say.I said: "There can't be two technology companies both making products while both making money?"And then you replied with: "Apple and Samsung... Apple and Microsoft"I obviously need more handholding... because I don't understand that response.Your posts are usually so well written and clear. You probably have a great point (as you normally do)But this one has me stumped.Again... sorry for not understanding.
Gotcha... that makes more sense.
It seems to work well for those who are "first" Here's the issue... there are always more people who want to attend WWDC than there are tickets for.What's the difference between the first 5,000 people who get tickets... or 5,000 randomly selected lottery people who get tickets?The end result is the same: 5,000 people get tickets... and some people don't.
Those are just names of companies. You didn't explain why there can't be more than one successful company in a market.All three of those companies you listed make products and make money.Apple sells phones and make a lot of money. Samsung sells phones and makes a lot of money too. Again... I don't understand the issue.Microsoft has always made their money by selling software licenses (Windows and Office)... while Apple sells hardware (Macs). Microsoft and Apple were...
I still don't understand.There can't be two technology companies both making products while both making money?Can you give an example?Maybe I need more coffee...
I think I need a little more clarification on that...Are you saying that there cannot be two or more technology companies selling products... and all of them make money?