or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Again... I don't know.You might want to ask a cord-cutter. Somehow they find new stuff to watch!I was simply addressing the common complaint of people paying for stuff they don't want.Your question is also valid. Search is more important in an on-demand world than when we used to just turn on the TV to "see what's on"
I have no idea... I was merely addressing this common complaint:"I'm paying for 200 channels that I don't want"It sounds like a value for money situation. So naturally... people think a la carte channels are the solution.But even if you could choose certain channels a la carte... you'd still be paying for those channels even when you're asleep and at work. That might be a little better... but you're still paying for stuff you cannot possibly watch... which goes back to...
Why not just pay for the shows you want?In an on-demand world... the concept of "channels" doesn't really make sense anymore.If you only want to pay for what you watch... then pay for shows.
Crown? Titan? Words I would not use in relation to HTC...
Yeah... I don't want them to rush.I was just noting the speed at which they are adding new banks.
And then I led into another question asking who was more motivated... the banks or Apple.Relax.
Oh I know.I was just pointing out that at the present rate... it will take a long time to get the 500 banks that Apple mentioned.50 banks in 3 months... 500 banks in 30 months (?)I'm sure the process is becoming more streamlined though.I'm just excited for the day Apple drops the motherload of 100 new banks in a single press release.
They... meaning Apple?I wonder who is more motivated though... Apple or the banks? Both have a lot to gain from this.I'd be curious to know the process of becoming an Apple Pay bank. Like... if I was in charge of a small regional bank... could I get onto Apple Pay quicker than a large national bank?I'm guessing there is a stuff that has to happen. Maybe Apple can only accept 10 new banks a month.
These articles come out every so often proclaiming "11 new banks" or "14 new banks"... and there are roughly 50 banks who are using Apple Pay at the moment. I understand this process takes time... but it seems like it will be a while until we get the 500 banks that Tim Cook said before.
Well that's 2 of the 40