or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Does this solution work on the mobile app?I already have the "Recent Posts" URL bookmarked on my desktop browser. It's not a problem there.The problem is the iOS app... forcing "Top Stories" instead.
Oh yeah.... I know Facebook is an advertising company and that they make most (all?) of their money from ads.What I'm saying is this:Make the experience enjoyable in order to keep me coming back. Facebook needs eyeballs to see their ads... but pissed-off eyeballs aren't good thing. I know corporations don't care about us... but they still need us.In my example earlier... there were ads in-between those posts. That's fine! I don't mind ads.But for the love of god......
Exactly. It's called a News FEED because it's supposed to be a feed of everything that comes down the line.I just opened up the Facebook app and here are the first things I see:Someone updated their profile picture - 21 minutes agoA status update - 13 hours agoAnother post - from YESTERDAYWTF?And now they make it MORE difficult to simply see a chronological list of posts.Twitter and Instagram show you what happened in the order it happened. That's the way it should to...
Dammit... really?Fuuuuuu.....
The big takeaway from this is the realization that it's difficult to make a blanket-statement comparison of "Android" users and iPhone users. iPhones are some of the most expensive phones on the market... while Android phones can be expensive or cheap. That's a big distinction. If you have a lot of money... you can buy an iPhone or an Android phone. You actually have that choice. But if you're poor... Android phones are your only option... because those are what happen...
I Googled "Profit OR Loss Statement" but all I could find was AND... not OR.You're right... a company can't have both a profit and a loss. But it's still shown on a single document called an "Income Statement""An income statement (US English) or profit and loss account (UK English)[1] (also referred to as a profit and loss statement (P&L), revenue statement, statement of financial performance, earnings statement, operating statement, or statement of operations)"Did you...
These analysts get paid to create fictional reports that make Apple look bad and the other guys look good.The problem is... the other guys still aren't doing very well. And these reports won't change that.So... how long can the analysts keep doing this?It would be like a student showing his parents fake report cards all year with good grades... but he's still gonna flunk at the end of the year. At some point... the lies catch up to you.The analysts are cooking the books...
I guarantee at least one person in the newsroom uses an iPhone.Maybe even two.(I know owning Apple products shouldn't affect their journalistic integrity... I was just being silly)
Too large to use it how with one hand?If you're talking about reaching every possible square inch of the screen with one thumb... I already have difficulty on the iPhone 5S.But I'm fine with that. I just readjust the way I hold the phone.My iPhone 5S is an amazing little pocket computer. But using one thumb sucks for most iPhone tasks.The last phone I used with one thumb was this phone:Even my Blackberry... with its amazing keyboard... I typed with two thumbs (two...
Is 4.7" considered a phablet these days? Or is it becoming normal?I don't know what Apple's market research reveals... but do they expect to stay at 4" forever?I realize Apple's 4" phone is the best-selling smartphone on Earth... but clearly something is up.Honestly... I wish Apple would start making a range of current iPhones. They do that with iPads, iMacs, Macbooks...