or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

This commercial has been playing on TV for a while. It's been on Bank of America's Youtube channel since December 15th.I think AI was just hunting for something to post on the weekend.
Actual capacity... or user-accessible capacity?Apple says "16GB" because the iPhone has 16GB of flash storage in it. There are flash memory chips that total 16GB. I don't see the deception.It's the same for computers. A laptop says "500GB" because it has a 500GB hard drive in it. Again... I don't see the deception.You're right though... a person cannot get the full 500GB from that hard drive. They never could. Because of formatting, the operating system, recovery...
And if your son had the 32GB iPod Touch... he'd fill that up too. I think it's time to start offloading those Hyperlapse videos to a computer or something. The device should NOT be used for permanent storage... and it certainly shouldn't be your only copy.I had to do exactly this for a friend's mother. She loves her iPhone... especially the camera. 4,400 photos on her iPhone... and it was bursting at the seams. No new photos could be taken... no new apps could be...
Ok... so if they publish a paragraph or whatever on the website... would that be enough?Or will they have to actually change they way they refer to their products?I have a 32GB iPhone 5S. Although it will never allow me to save 32GB of my own files on it... I still call it a 32GB iPhone.Will Apple have to alter the descriptions of their products?Right now Apple lists the total amount of storage in the product... not the customer-usable space. If you go to the iPhone page...
That seems simple enough.They don't do this already?
So what should Apple do to address this?Like I said earlier... should Apple start calling it a 12GB iPhone or 28GB iPhone?
But that won't stop this argument... because a 32GB iPhone still only has about 28GB of user-addressable storage space.The lawsuit claims Apple is "misrepresenting" iPhone storage. They say the storage advertised is not how much storage the user can actually use.I think it's a silly lawsuit... because Apple is simply saying how much storage is in the device. And why wouldn't they? A 16GB iPhone has 16GB of storage in it. A 32GB iPhone has 32GB of storage in it. Seems...
Apple advertises a 16 GB device... because it has 16GB of storage in the device. That's why they say it.Now... should Apple start advertising how much end-user storage it has? Maybe... but then everyone else should too.We're talking about an entire industry that has this "problem"... not just Apple.If I bought a 128GB Surface Pro 3... can I store 128GB of my own files? Of course not. So... Microsoft should be sued too, right?And EVERY other manufacturer.Look... I...
That's true. Apple's numbers are the same as everyone else's numbers... channel shipments.But unlike other companies... Apple has no problem shifting that inventory to actual customers.When an Apple product reaches a store... it will find an owner within a day or two. Or it's already got an owner from a pre-order. Apple has thousands of iPhones an hour coming off the assembly line right now that already have an owner. There are very few leftover Apple products.We've...
I'm a Downcast user since the iPhone 4S days. My regular listens: Go Creative Show Macbreak Weekly Tech News Today PC Perspective This Week in Computer Hardware This Week in Photo This Week in Tech My occasional listens: Adam Carolla Show (most but not all episodes, depending on the guest) All About the Gear (depending on the camera they're reviewing in a particular episode) ExtraShot (a videography podcast that only has maybe one new episodes a month) Nerdist...