or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

So what are you suggesting... that Xiaomi will be an "Amazon-level" company someday?Look... I agree that Amazon is great. But I'm not seeing how Xiaomi will ever reach that status.
I love Amazon! I buy tons of stuff from them. They revolutionized online commerce. Speed, selection, customer service... they have it all.But Xiaomi is "Just Another Android Vendor" offering not much more than any of the other 60 Android manufacturers.Yes... Xiaomi sells a lot of units... but is that where the story ends?
I open my eyes and see that there are 10 times as many non-iPhones being sold than iPhones. And it's been like that for a while. There are also 10 times as many Windows PCs sold than Macs.I've accepted the fact that Apple will never be the volume leader in sales.However, Apple has just sold the most Macs ever in a single quarter... and they're gearing up smash all previous iPhone sales records too. Something tells me that Apple is very happy with their performance.I'm...
Good for Xiaomi. But guess what... Xiaomi is what I call "JAAV"That stands for "Just Another Android Vendor"There were 280 million Android phones sold last quarter from over 60 manufacturers. No doubt Android phones sell in incredible quantities.I'm just not seeing how that affects what Apple is doing.Yes... Xiaomi may end up being the #2 smartphone manufacturer in the world. And they could be the #1 Android manufacturer someday too.But so what? You say you will "keep an...
Thanks for pointing that out.
Well that's bad news for Xiaomi... and Samsung has certainly seen better days. Apple seems to be doing well, though. So what about the other 60 smartphone manufacturers? Acer, Alcatel, AllWinnner, Amazon, Asus, Blackberry, BLU, Celkon, Coolpad, Cubot, Dell, Evolio, G-Tide, Gigabyte, Gionee, Google, Goophone, Haier, Hike, HP, HTC, Huawei, iBall, Infinix, InnJoo, Intex, iOcean, Jiake, Jiayu, Jivi, Jolla, Kabonn, Karbonn, Kingzone, Kyocera, Lava, Lenovo, LG, Meizu,...
Yes... Forbes includes all the money they made for the year and puts it under the listing of musician.Beyonce is #2 on the list... which includes money from clothing, perfume, makeup and other endorsement deals.The article even says Beyonce made money from H&M clothing and Pepsi. And she's also involved with L'Oreal Paris makeup.
I found some clarification on the word "musician"- a person who makes music a profession, especially as a performer of music- any person, whether professional or not, skilled in music- a musician (or instrumentalist) is a person who plays a musical instrument or is musically talented, or one who composes, conducts, or performs music- examples of a musician's possible skills include performing, conducting, singing, composing, arranging, and the orchestration of musicDr. Dre...
And Dr. Dre's money was made in the music industry.What's the issue here... should Dr. Dre not be considered a musician on that list?I mean... he didn't make his money from other industries like farming or truck driving.How is Forbes defining what a musician is? Maybe we should start there.
And Seinfeld's money wasn't made as a comedian. He made his money from a TV show that ended 16 years ago.But Forbes ranks both of those guys as the highest-paid in their fields.Like I said... take it up with Forbes. They made the list that you disagree with.