or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Streaming music is still in the infancy stage.There will be more people signing up for their first streaming service rather than switching from one service to another.Spotify has 60 million users (and of those... only 15 million who pay for it)But that's tiny compared to the billions of music-capable devices there are in the world.If you already use Spotify, Rdio, etc... and you like it... you probably won't leave. But think of all the people who have never used a...
Many companies say the same thing.... it's pretty standard language.Here's Apple's shocking similar paragraph for iCloud:1. License from You. Except for material we may license to you, Apple does not claim ownership of the materials and/or Content you submit or make available on the Service. However, by submitting or posting such Content on areas of the Service that are accessible by the public or other users with whom you consent to share such Content, you grant Apple a...
Oh sure.But this particular legal-speak is referring to photos and what they have to do with them in order to be a photo storage and sharing service.If a photo service could not "display" a photo... it wouldn't be very useful, right?
Oh I'd love it if Apple dropped the bomb and gave everyone huge amounts of free iCloud storage.But I don't think that's gonna happen since they recently updated the pricing schedule.I was just thinking it wouldn't be too difficult to get Apple users to sign up for Apple services to go along with their Apple products. You could theoretically pay one bill for a bunch of services.Apple is one of the few companies who offers pretty much everything under one roof: hardware,...
That's boilerplate legal-speak though. They HAVE to publish that... or someone would sue them over the silliest thing.use, host, store: keeping your photo on their servers.reproduce: make copies of your photo for their various CDNs and servers.modify, create derivative works: making thumbnails for your photo.communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute such content: ummmm... it's a online photo sharing service.It may sound scary... but all those...
You're right... Apple could give it away for free. But they are in a unique position that they offer services in addition to products.Apple already offers iCloud pricing... but I get the feeling the average consumer doesn't understand it or even knows about it.Instead... Apple could simply advertise a "Photo Package" for $60/year for unlimited photo storage and backup.Make it easy to understand and easy to sign up. Apple already has your credit card on file in iTunes.A...
I wouldn't mind if the next iPhone could shoot 4K video. As a video enthusiast... I'd actually get some use out of shooting the occasional 4K video.4K would be nice for some things... but it's complete overkill for most videos.If the iPhone shoots 4K... will Apple let us choose between HD and 4K? Right now you can only shoot 1080p HD in the default camera app (while some 3rd party apps let you choose resolution, framerate, bitrate, etc)I'm imagining the average consumer...
Yeah... 36 million in a year would be roughly 100,000 watches sold every day.That does seem a little high...
You mean my Motorola smartwatch and Samsung smartphone running Google Android won't really do much with my HP laptop running Microsoft Windows?
"Clinkle" isn't a word. So there is no such thing as a "clinkle sound"The word "tinkle" actually refers to a light metallic sound... but most people would know that it's slang for urinating.I still maintain that "clinkle" is a terrible name.