or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Why does Gartner need to estimate Apple sales?Apple will actually tell us the number in a couple weeks.
Is 20,000 smartwatches per day in the US a normal figure for smartwatches? How does that compare to other smartwatches and/or wearables in general? 20,000 units per day for a non-essential and kinda expensive item still seems rather impressive. And this is just in the US, right? So there are actually more units being sold that are not represented in this report?
But what does it matter if Windows Phone outsells the iPhone in.... Kenya ?Seems like a silly observation.And again... most Windows Phones in these countries are low-priced budget models... which is a segment Apple doesn't even compete in.So I understand what those articles were trying to say... but it doesn't really move the needle very much for Windows Phone.
24 countries...... out of 195Windows Phone: #winningBut seriously... Windows Phones can be had for less than $100 in certain markets... while an iPhone can cost $1,000 in those same markets.Are we really surprised by Windows Phone "beating" the iPhone in those markets?I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet though...
Then Microsoft needs to get out there and sell some more phones!Google-Apple has had somewhat of a duopoly for many years.... so I don't know what you're worried about.We've seen this before anyway. Android-iPhone-Other reminds me a lot of Windows-Macintosh-OtherThere's a huge platform with a lot of OEMs in 1st place... followed by Apple with their own platform/ecosystem... then whoever's left in the combined 3rd place "Other" position.And it's probably gonna be like that...
Whoa... my mind is blown.For years we've heard that artists don't make much, if any, money on the album or radio play... instead they make money on the road.Damn... I can't believe anything anymore!
It does?I would imagine she makes most of her money from touring...Like it always does.
Exactly.Remember when Apple sold songs for 99 cents?Apple kept 29 cents... and the labels got 70 cents.Then it was up to the labels to give the artist their share... which ended up only being a few pennies per song.It was the same with records, tapes, CDs and now streams. The labels make most of the money.Which begs the question... why would any sane person sign a contract with a label?Yet it happens. Every. Single. Day.
Oh cool! I thought it was iPad-only.
I want this on the iPhone. I hate the loupe and would prefer a finely-controllable cursor.