or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

I'll tell you which vehicles it fits. It's a "double-DIN" headunit... so it's for any car that can accept a "double-DIN" headunit. That's a standard size for an aftermarket car stereo... and it was stated in the article.There's nothing wrong with Amazon's fitment guide. You tell it your car first and they tell you if a particular radio fits.You want the opposite. Radio first... then car.It sounds like you just want a list of all the cars with a "double-DIN" opening in ...
That's the difference between "services" and "products"You don't own the TV shows and movies that get piped into your house via cable or satellite either. But you have access to them by simply paying a monthly fee.The people who subscribe to a streaming music service are well aware that they don't own the music. And that's actually part of the appeal.Instead of paying $1 for each and every song they'd ever wanna listen to... people are subscribing to a huge catalog.
Of course.I only mentioned it because the other guy demanded proof
We hear about worldwide market share all the time!Every 3 months... to be exact.You know... Android has 80% market share... Apple has 15% market share... Apple is doomed because of it. Blah, blah, blah...What is rarely mentioned is that while "Android" has 80% market share... much of that is made up of garbage phones sold in developing nations.There were 230 million "Android" phones sold last quarter... yet we only ever talk about certain flagships like Galaxy S, HTC One,...
Anandtech seems to have proof:http://www.anandtech.com/show/7903/samsung-galaxy-s-5-review/5
No... the headline is talking about both platforms and smartphones. There are two separate statements in the headline:1... "Apple's iOS gains ground on Android in US" (meaning as a platform Android is in the lead but iOS is gaining ground in the US)2... "iPhone retains smartphone lead" (meaning as a smartphone the iPhone is the leader in smartphone sales)The two halves of the headline are joined with "as" to signify that the two statements are happening at the same time.In...
These articles are always so confusing since they talk about a couple different things.Apple was the best-selling smartphone manufacturer in the US... comprising 41.9% of smartphone sales in the US. The rest are as follows: Samsung 28.7%, LG 6.5%, Motorola 6.3%, HTC 5.1%So yes... "the iPhone" is the smartphone leader in the US... since every phone Apple sells is named "iPhone"... and no other vendor sold more than Apple last quarter.The other side of the coin is platforms....
At last count... I think Samsung only has 35% of the Android market and 30% of the total smartphone market.While they are the largest single Android vendor... there is still the other 65% of Android that is not Samsung.Maybe Samsung could pull away from Google and create their own platform (Tizen or whatever)That might be interesting.But Apple's platform with only 15% of the smartphone market will still get more attention from developers, accessory makers, etc
Same here.The only time my iPhone ever COMPLETELY died was in Vegas. I was using it all day for GPS and photos... and uploading photos to Facebook.My phone finally died in the early evening sitting at the bar in the Riviera. But I didn't panic... I put it away and enjoyed the night!
Apple was SEVERELY behind the PC in market share when those "Get a Mac" ads came out. Apple was the underdog.On the other hand... Samsung is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world. Why do they have to say anything about any other company?It must really bother Samsung that people are willing to "suffer" with poor battery life to get all the other things iOS can offer.Samsung could offer a phone with a week of battery life... but iOS has plenty to offer too.