or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Agreed. And I think people need to seriously look at what their cable company charges for "Internet" and "Internet+TV"They might find that they can get most of what they want by just getting the expanded channel package and a DVR.No streaming service will have "everything" yet... but pretty much all regular TV shows appear on cable.Considering the cable companies will jack up the price of internet alone... if might be better to just get the TV bundle.If you get internet by...
Same for me.My office has an ancient tube TV hooked directly to the wall without a box... and I get about 70 channels. That's honesty plenty for me.I have all the biggies: Comedy Central, all the Turner channels, all the various Discovery channels, all the news channels, etc. It's pretty much every channel you think of when you hear "cable TV"I think they call this "basic expanded" cable.The rest of the house has cable boxes and DVRs that can get 500 channels.... but I...
It's a good thing I don't use a simple PIN anymore. Since I use TouchID... I locked my phone with a longer password with letters and numbers instead of a 4-digit code. I rarely have to put it in... so it can be much longer and more difficult to guess/crack. Oh and I keep my OS updated anyway
My prediction: SlingTV will slowly add more channels... and the price will slowly creep up... and it will eventually be a repeat of what happened to cable TV. And then everyone will get pissed off again and look for the next thing. Look... you will never be able to choose just the channels you want. Or in other words... there will always be "bundles" of channels whether you want them or not. Hell... even with the limited 15 channels you get with SlingTV... there are...
Apple doesn't have to pay... they actually report their numbers! We wouldn't need "analysts" if companies weren't so secretive. I never understood that anyway. You've got a company who sells products... but they won't say how many product they sell.
It's odd to see Asus trading blows like this... especially when the bulk of their laptop sales are garbage like this: 5 pounds... spinning hard drive... and free internet security! Woohoo!!!
If Microsoft pays IDC to fudge the numbers... KNOWING they are false... what exactly is Microsoft getting out of that?What if EVERYBODY paid to get their numbers up? Wouldn't that devalue the entire report?I don't understand what analysts like IDC are supposed to do.
Apple sold 21 million iPads last quarter... which is down from a year ago. But with people saying they are keeping their existing iPads for many years... would that mean the majority of those 21 million iPads were sold to new users? That's still pretty good, right? It's true that iPads last a loooong time. So even if you do upgrade you'll likely hand your old iPad down to another family member and keep it in service. In short... the number of iPads in use keep...
Would they be correct in that assumption?If they had asked me... I would have suggested 2 USB ports and 0 headphone jacks.We have Bluetooth headphones to eliminate the 3.5mm headphone jack... but there is no similar replacement for USB yet.
Foggy said it best... readers are interested in Apple. They are more likely to read an article about Apple than any other company.There could be an article about Samsung killing kittens... or Microsoft curing cancer.But a tiny article about Apple (or one that barely talks about Apple) will get more clicks.