or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Ah I see. Yeah... average users don't seem to be using desktop computers anymore. But Apple has had something occupying that spot in the iMac lineup for years. Obviously they know it will sell.That's why there are ranges of products. Perhaps the breakdown of iMac sales are 20% entry-level... 50% mid-range... and 30% high-end. I don't know... just spitballing here. It's obviously enough for Apple to keep it around.Maybe Apple shouldn't even offer the cheaper $1,100...
You gotta remember that Macs and other desktop personal computers are general purpose devices. Translation... they are used by a wide variety of users and use cases.They are used by the average user checking email and doing light internet tasks... all the way up to professionals doing heavy tasks like video editing.You and I would never buy the 21.5" iMac... but there's clearly a market for it. An $1,100 iMac? Yep... people will by it. (though it would be wise to pay...
I think the bigger issue is whether or not a desktop machine needs to be so thin.Laptops, sure, make 'em thin. And of course they're gonna use laptop-style components.A fixed machine, however, that stays in one place and has a constant power supply... I don't see the point of using laptop-style components.But that's Apple... thin is beautiful.
That's a great idea.Companies who want to sell their products tends to put them in front of as many consumers as they can.
There seems to be a behavior change after this update. In the old app... tapping on an episode in a list of un-downloaded episodes would start the download. I would do this to stock up on various episodes to download ahead of time. Now... it starts to play the episode. I then have to stop the playback and then back out to the previous screen to download another episode. Some podcasts I subscribe to... so I get every episode download automatically. Those are fine. But...
According to the chart... Lenovo is actually down 4% from the same quarter a year ago.In fact... everyone is down except Apple and Dell.Or do you mean how did Lenovo became the #1 PC manufacturer? That's easy... they sell more units than everyone else.They may be crappy $300 or $400 laptops... but they count.
Labels are evil and take all the artists' money. This is nothing new. Yet new artists sign with labels every single day. Why does this keep happening?
Huge red bar.... bad...
Like I said... I know what the Nexus program was supposed to do.It's unclear, however, whether 1 or 2 Nexus phones released each year can really affect the hundreds of Android phones released each year.But yeah... Google is smart to tell their own story with their own carefully designed hardware.It wasn't too long ago that Microsoft left it up to others to implement their operating system software. Now Microsoft has jumped into the hardware game.
Gotcha.So it's true that Nexus devices don't sell in a lot of volume... but you're saying that's not the point of them anyway.I have heard the tale of how Nexus devices are supposed to show manufacturers what to do... I just have always questioned its effect. It sounds good in theory... but I'm sure there are many of the 1,000 manufacturers who don't follow it too closely.All those $50 phones sold in China and India probably aren't getting ideas from the Nexus program.