or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Great.Now I wish Dropbox would do the same.I use Dropbox... as do many of the people I collaborate with. It's great.But I need more than the free tier (currently 3.25GB)... but less than the 1,000GB they offer for $100 a year.Come on Dropbox... meet me in the middle. I can't be the only person who feels like this.I bet you'd sell more subscriptions if you offered something between FREE and $100. That's quite a big jump there.Make it happen!
I agree that people don't watch anywhere close to the total amount of channels that are offered in cable packages.But don't expect huge price drops if you got to choose 10 of your favorite channels.If you currently get 200 channels for $100 a month.... don't expect the cost of each a la carte channel to be 50 cents each.They'll probably charge you $5 per channel... just to be dicks.This is the cable company after all. They aren't our friends!
Do we think iPad sales will ever decline to ZERO iPads a quarter?I doubt it... I think it will settle down somewhere.The funny thing is... the iPad is still a multi-billion dollar business... and will be for a while.And that's just unit sales... don't forget app sales, MFI licensing, etc. The iPad will still make a considerable amount of money for Apple... even if sales decline further.There are some companies who sell tablets at a loss. Has somebody delivered their bad...
If these stores hate credit card fees so much... why don't they just make everything cash-only?It's funny that they quickly put a stop to the new kid on the block: Apple Pay.But they're still accepting the thing that started all the fees in the first place: credit cards.
That happened sooner than I thought. CurrectC hasn't even fully launched yet. I thought Best Buy would let it flounder for at least a year before they begrudgingly accepted Apple Pay.
Apple didn't plan on the iPhone becoming 70% of their revenue.They simply offer a $600+ phone and can sell 60 million of them in a quarter.
And now they put most of their focus in other areas. Companies can change, ya know.At least Apple still sells computers... while doing a damn good job at it.Now look at how many failing computer companies merged with other failing computer companies... or were simply wiped off the face of the Earth. The PC market has been littered with corpses over the years.
Yeah.... I heard Leo say that.It's such a simple addition too... you'd think Apple would allow widgets on the homescreen if nothing else but to shut up the detractors.There must be some reason why Apple is so against it.I mean... Google has always allowed widgets on the homescreen... while Apple has never allowed widgets on the homescreen.It just seems so weird that two companies can have such a disparity over this one feature.Apple keeps all your icons out in the open......
The Android guy probably has one of these beauties:If that's winning... I'd hate to see losing...
Yep.Smartphones get bigger batteries which make you think they will get longer battery life.But then they slap a pointless 2560x1440 screen on them... negating all that extra battery capacity.