or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Reporter
The good thing is... your phone might end up lasting longer because you aren't checking it 1,000 times a day.And it's not just missed calls and notifications from your pocket... imagine answering a phone call while your phone is in another room. That's one neat feature that is rarely talked about.So many times I call people and they don't answer their phone because they don't have their phone on their person.I know they are around... they're just not close enough to their...
Yep... the scale is immense. The center ring is over 1,100 feet across. That's almost 4 football fields across (American football)And if you were to walk around the outer perimeter of the building... it would be 9/10 of a mile She's a big'n
There are so many patents Apple applies for and is granted... who can keep up with them?Whether we knew about it in advance or not... it's in a shipping product now and it works great.
You can turn off the taps if you want... they are still optional. You can still rely solely on clicks.And I found that the Force Touch clicks feel the exact same as the traditional clicks on older trackpads.It really is amazing.And the best part is... you feel those clicks ALL OVER the trackpad. Top-right corner, bottom-left corner, in the center, etc... it all clicks the same.Yet it's not a click... it just fools your brain into thinking it's a click. But it feels the...
I played with the Force Touch trackpad at Best Buy today. I had to verify that I was using the new model because it works so well.It really is crazy how it simulates a clickpad without clicking at all.As another test... I turned off the machine to see if it really is a stationary pad. It is!
I'm hoping for an underground tour like they have at Disney World. I've been in the tunnels beneath Magic Kingdom when I worked there... nothing too special though.But I'd love to at least walk past the door to Jony's secret lab!
Oh sure. But HBO is a premium channel that has always had an additional cost.I was talking about true a la carte cable channels... where you get to choose, and only pay for, a handful of channels from the hundreds available.If, for instance, you can get 200 channels for $100 a month... you will never be able to select just 5 channels for $2.50 a month.$0.50 per channel sounds amazing... but it won't happen.Cable companies have instead offered "bundles" of channels. They...
Hmmmm.... Apple does not let you choose the channels you want.Apple is providing a "bundle" of channels just like the cable company. The rumors are suggesting around 25 channels for $40I doubt any company will allow you to choose exactly the channels you want. Apple certainly isn't doing that.Channels will always be offered in bundles. 20-25 channel bundles seem to be the lowest they'll go.It would be cool if you could choose as few as 5 channels. But they'd end up...