or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Yeah I can see that.However... not all items will be Amazon Dash compatible. So you'll still need to rely on "traditional" shopping methods for everything else.I'm just hung up on the "single item" nature of these buttons. Maybe if it was an LCD panel with 5 or 10 customizable items... that might make a little more sense.But a single button for "Tide" seems a little silly.
Exactly.Planning is still a critical step. You should buy enough of something to last between shopping orders.
But somehow you can remember to buy all the other things that don't have this amazing convenient ordering system?You can buy a 32-roll package of toilet paper. Let's say it will last 6 months.Surely during that 6-month period you can remember to buy toilet paper again. You've been using toilet paper every day for your entire life... you know how important it is. It can't be that difficult to buy toilet paper twice a year.Yeah... it sucks to run out of something. But it...
There are 259 products that are Amazon Dash compatible: http://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=11267118011 Of those... you probably use 15-20 of those products. So would you have 15-20 little buttons scattered around your house? Seems a little excessive, right? Or... let's say you only use Amazon Dash buttons for a few key items... maybe laundry detergent and toilet paper. Well if you're so worried about running out of those items... couldn't you just buy a larger...
Exactly.And since you have to use your smartphone to confirm the push-button order anyway... why couldn't you have just used the Amazon app in the first place?I mean... I get it. You put a Maxwell House coffee button next to your coffee maker so you can order more coffee when you run low.But somehow we've managed to make shopping lists for 100 years. How barbaric!
So out of the 1.6 million Blackberries sold worldwide last quarter... how many were sold in just Indonesia?I'm trying to get a handle on what "most" of Blackberry's market looks like.Same question as above.
Amazon is taking single clicks on a website and turning them into physical buttons in the real world. Lets say you use many of these products... is it really desirable to have buttons for each product scattered all over your house? I'd love to meet the person who says "my Amazon Wish List is too complicated..." This sounds like a bad infomercial "solution"
Sure... there should be a sticker on the box that says:"this phone will have somewhere between 11GB and 13GB of available storage depending on which month a future iOS 8 update is installed... or when iOS 9 and iOS 10 are installed in the following years"Or maybe they just need to write this in big letters on the box:"You know operating systems have always taken up space, right?"
It's not misleading when they simply tell you how much storage is built into the phone.A 16GB iPhone has 16GB worth of flash memory in it. Period. There's no reason lawyer-up over that.They never say how much of your data it will hold... nor do they attempt to predict how much space a future OS upgrade will consume. So you can't sue them on that basis either.OK... so let's say Apple starts reporting "user-accessible" capacity instead of "total" capacity. Fine.A launch...
Oh I see... it's not the usual "they all end up in a landfill" argument...Instead it's the "the only way they moved that many units is by giving them away" argument.Look... any promotion where a product is "given away" would be done by the retailer... not the manufacturer.Blackberry is not giving away devices. They have a business to run. They got paid for each and every unit. And that's the end of their involvement. Transaction complete.Once it reaches the retailer......