or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Not quite... the statement began with "I just don't think..."That's a far cry from "no company will ever be able to..."Big difference, huh...I'm entitled to my opinions, though... and you're still the only person who had a problem with it...I guess if you look at the the macro view of Apple... you could say they were a consumer electronics company all along. But I wasn't looking at them so broadly.For all practical purposes... Nokia has been a communications company for...
So far... Microsoft has one product that competes with the OEMs. (and it has only been announced... but no price, no release date)And that's gonna put the OEMs out of business?Pass me some of what you're smokin':-)
No problem.
The photo shows that Android hasn't really changed too much on the surface.While Android is super-customizable... it has shipped in the same default state for years. Most people don't spend their time rearranging widgets and such anyway... but there are still plenty of improvements that were made to ICS.And when people mention Jelly Bean... I have to wonder how different it will be from ICS.When people say iOS has looked the same all these years... you can't forget about...
True... Android has a lot of features and customization.So this is only meant as a silly observation. I'm not trying to start a war ;-)
Sure... the Surface Pro might eat into the competitors' ultrabook sales... but how much of a hit will that be? How many ultrabooks do these OEMs sell compared to their much cheaper offerings?A quick check of the latest Best Buy ad turns up 10 laptops from $379 to $949.$1000 is still very much on the high end for a computer.If Microsoft's only laptop/tablet is around $1000... I don't think the OEMs have anything to worry about.Good point about the 11" MBA... but that's a...
Good points.Let's be honest though... this is Microsoft's attempt to grab some tablet market share. Whatever Windows 8 tablets Dell or HP are planning on producing... those tablets will be a tiny percentage of the products they sell. Laptops and desktops will still be the bulk of their sales.If you think about it that way... it's not really that bad.I mean... right now NOBODY is selling Windows 8 tablets... so everybody is even. And we don't even know how well these...
If there are 5 OEMs planning to sell Windows 8 tablets in the Fall… now there will be 6 If the OEMs are worried about an additional competitor… then they better step up their game. Every PC manufacturer already fights for relevance in this crowded market… this is no different. Maybe this will light a fire under their ass to make better products.
Apple, the computer company, almost went bankrupt... then they came back and started making MP3 players, phones and tablets. It was one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Read more...If that's not reinvention... I don't know what is. And that was the basis of my very first comment in this thread.But I think we've defined the word "reinvention" enough. I'm just gonna say a couple more things.Bottom line... Apple has only been making cell phones for 5 years... and...
True... but a lot of people buy a phone because it's a phone. They don't really care what operating system it has on it.I know tons of people with Android phones... and most of them have their phones looking exactly like the day they bought it.They call, text and Facebook. That's it. They're not customizing the interface and installing ROMs.So what does it mean when Android is outselling iOS? Is Android somehow "better" because it outsells the iPhone?