or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

I remember people raving about the Nokia N95... though I never saw the appeal.It was branded as a smartphone... but didn't have a QWERTY keyboard or a touchscreen.Yes... I realize it was released way back in 2007... but there were plenty of other phones that did have QWERTY keyboards and touchscreens (with a stylus)Was the Nokia N95 a hit in the enterprise? Or was it popular because of its camera and multimedia capabilities?Again... I never saw its appeal... even in its...
A great leader inspires his team. Let's hope Steve's lessons are ingrained in the fabric of Apple for years to come.So what about the companies who never had a leader like Steve Jobs?Kodak made most of their money from film. Then people stopped using film.Yes... the mighty can fall... but only if they're oblivious to what's happening around them.Clearly Kodak was unable to adapt to its own changing market... while Apple has a knack for blazing new trails in new markets.So...
True.... but Apple also has a habit of re-inventing themselves and entering new markets. I just don't think companies like Nokia are able to do that.Remember when Apple only sold computers? Then they jumped in the MP3 player market and eventually ended up changing the music industry in the process.Then they said "let's make a phone" and we're still seeing the effects of that. Same with tablets.As long as Apple keeps making high margin devices.... and people keep...
Exactly. I can count on one hand the number of times an Android OEM reported any actual end-user sales. I mean... they've got to know these numbers... right?If sales were spectacular... they'd be shouting from the rooftops. But we barely hear a peep out of them.So we're left with analysts, surveys and other forms of "research" to describe the Android tablet market.But someone's gotta be buying these things... they wouldn't keep shipping them to stores unless the previous...
Market share is a comparison of ALL companies in a particular market... a ranking if you will.I'm sure Apple would love to be on the top of every possible list. But you're right... it would be silly to start slashing prices and sacrificing everything they stand for simply to get ranked higher on a list.
/thread
Good point.The iPad screen is very pixel dense... but a 15" screen has more than twice the area of the iPad screen.
Hmmmm.... maybe. The lead time is interesting.But don't forget... Apple only sold 4 million Macs last quarter... and that's ALL Macs combined.... Air, MBP, iMac, Mini and Pro. Who knows if this new Macbook Pro will be the breakout volume seller... possibly indicated by the increased lead time.I don't know what corporate IT budgets look like these days... but $2,200 is still a high price to pay for a single laptop (even if it's amazing).I hope you're right though... so...
Plus... Apple's not buying these screens in the same volume as say, the iPad's screen.Apple buys iPad screens by the tens of millions.Hopefully, as the price goes down, they will offer a Retina display across the entire Macbook line.
The Apple Spaceship will have a small auditorium for small product reveals and other gatherings.It will not, however, be a full convention center to hold a massive conference like WWDC.