or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

So wait... you were able to make a guess in your first comment.... but now you're all out of ideas?
So what happens next year?The way Apple has done it before was to design one phone per year and cycle it down the line each year.But if Apple introduces a brand new phone in the "cheap" spot... what will they do next year?
Yes... everyone has some sort of phone now... but they will have to replace it eventually.A person might keep a phone for 2 or 3 years... but people buy phones every day.There will always be a HUGE market for phones.
Twitter MusicTweetbotClearFantasticalCamera+CardMunch(there are more... these are just the ones I found from doing a quick search for "iOS exclusive apps")Of course there are plenty more apps that eventually do end up on Android... but why did they start on iOS in the first place? That's the big question.Since it's iOS first, Android second (or sometimes not at all)... what does that say about Android? It sounds to me like iOS is where developers' heart and soul is... and...
Thanks I found another interesting article here: http://www.tuaw.com/2013/04/19/why-companies-are-still-deploying-ios-apps-first/Apple device owners tend to do more mobile web browsing, as has been widely known for awhile. But they're also increasingly likely to stay with apps over time – reports have shown that iOS users are more loyal to the apps they download, for instance.But perhaps most importantly is the fact that some number of Android owners aren't downloading...
Correct... the more successful devs can afford to develop for two or more platforms... maybe by hiring additional developers.But what about a first time developer? Do they develop for both iOS and Android?Probably not... it's been proven, time and time again, that the iOS App Store is where you'll have a better chance of success. And that's where they focus their efforts first.We don't hear this very often: "Amazing Android app finally ported to iOS"As for the popular...
It's the weekend... I have a feeling this story will sit on top of this site until Monday...
I wondered the same thing.Apple has sold over 100 million iPads that don't have "proper multitasking"Are we to believe there are tons of people who are saying "OMG it's finally here! The tablet I can run two apps side-by-side!!!!"Or... you can ask it in another way:Was the iPad a failure this whole time because it couldn't run two apps side-by-side?Because I certainly didn't notice that...
It was probably running a virus scan.Or you need to run CCleaner to clean out temp-files and other junk.
Short answer... because they can Long answer... the United States is VERY big... 9.8 million square kilometers. There are 200,000 cell towers in the US... and tens of thousands of workers maintaining them. Cell phone carriers have a rather large network to operate.But yeah... mostly because they can!