or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Yeah... I wanna know why too.I hope there's more to this story.
It's a home improvement product for sure. But it's also controllable via iOS devices.The Nest would be a lot more visible in a tiny Apple store... than in a giant home improvement warehouse.Plus... shoppers in an Apple Store would probably have more of an understanding about the whole iOS part of it. (though I'm not saying anything bad about the shoppers of Lowes)I think it should be sold in both places... and I believe it will be a devastating blow if they can't sell...
Those are definitely interesting numbers. And at first glance it looks like Apple is in a favorable position.On the other hand... PC growth could stagnate or even shrink a bit... and Microsoft will still cash in on hundreds of millions of copies of Windows sold on PCs.iPad sales are great... but PC sales are overwhelmingly high by comparison. Wasn't it 300 million last year? And how many of those were running Microsoft Windows @ $78 a pop?Maybe in 5 or 10 years people...
Not quite... the statement began with "I just don't think..."That's a far cry from "no company will ever be able to..."Big difference, huh...I'm entitled to my opinions, though... and you're still the only person who had a problem with it...I guess if you look at the the macro view of Apple... you could say they were a consumer electronics company all along. But I wasn't looking at them so broadly.For all practical purposes... Nokia has been a communications company for...
So far... Microsoft has one product that competes with the OEMs. (and it has only been announced... but no price, no release date)And that's gonna put the OEMs out of business?Pass me some of what you're smokin':-)
No problem.
The photo shows that Android hasn't really changed too much on the surface.While Android is super-customizable... it has shipped in the same default state for years. Most people don't spend their time rearranging widgets and such anyway... but there are still plenty of improvements that were made to ICS.And when people mention Jelly Bean... I have to wonder how different it will be from ICS.When people say iOS has looked the same all these years... you can't forget about...
True... Android has a lot of features and customization.So this is only meant as a silly observation. I'm not trying to start a war ;-)
Sure... the Surface Pro might eat into the competitors' ultrabook sales... but how much of a hit will that be? How many ultrabooks do these OEMs sell compared to their much cheaper offerings?A quick check of the latest Best Buy ad turns up 10 laptops from $379 to $949.$1000 is still very much on the high end for a computer.If Microsoft's only laptop/tablet is around $1000... I don't think the OEMs have anything to worry about.Good point about the 11" MBA... but that's a...
Good points.Let's be honest though... this is Microsoft's attempt to grab some tablet market share. Whatever Windows 8 tablets Dell or HP are planning on producing... those tablets will be a tiny percentage of the products they sell. Laptops and desktops will still be the bulk of their sales.If you think about it that way... it's not really that bad.I mean... right now NOBODY is selling Windows 8 tablets... so everybody is even. And we don't even know how well these...