or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Oh of course.Even if Apple sold only 100 million iPhones... every quarter... for the rest of our lives... they will be fine.
I loved the alien bit Look... I'm not saying Apple cannot grow iPhone unit sales anymore. Apple just had its biggest Holiday quarter EVER selling 75 million iPhones. I think that number could be 90 million this year... and maybe even 120 million in a future Holiday quarter.But 200 million in a Holiday quarter? 300 million in a Holiday quarter? Maybe not.At that point... the iPhone will have reached its apex. Agreed?In your first point above... you realize a company's...
I don't think Apple has reached their apex. Not yet anyway.I was just wondering what happens to a company when their unit sales stop growing.When it eventually happens to Apple... they won't be the first company to experience this.How did other companies handle it?
No company can grow units sales forever, right?
Why would Apple be forcing Intel to sell their 4.9% stake in Imagination Technologies?Is Apple wanting those shares?Apple already has a bigger stake than Intel anyway.Perhaps Intel invested in them long ago... but haven't seen the result they are looking for. So maybe they were looking to get out.
I know we're waaaaay off-topic here talking about AppleTV in a smartwatch thread.... but I gotta jump in. Apple has an MFI program for game controllers... the App Store with infrastructure already in place... and thousands of eager developers. Why couldn't AppleTV become a game console? Sure... it wouldn't have the same titles you'd find on XBox and Playstation... but people are happy playing games on Apple devices... games that don't appear anywhere else. There's...
Yeah... the article doesn't break down iPhone thefts according to complexity... only that they are simply down.Of course there will still be thieves stealing iPhones. iPhone theft dropped... it didn't disappear altogether. We can assume that since Activation Lock started... all they can do is sell them for parts.It's funny... I was actually thinking about stolen cars earlier. I'm imagining iPhone "chop shops"There's a knock at the door... "Hey buddy... I got a Lightning...
The article says iPhone thefts have fallen since Apple implemented Activation Lock... which renders a stolen iPhone useless.Then someone says "What about the parts market?"Sure... maybe the only people left stealing iPhones are just doing it for parts.But they'll get much less for a parted-out iPhone than they used to get selling a complete iPhone... which obviously makes it less desirable... hence the drop in iPhone thefts.Is there still value there? Sure! You can sell...
iPhone thefts are down... despite there being more iPhones added to the market every day.Clearly the stolen iPhones parts market isn't all it's cracked up to be.Thieves want a quick payout... and iPhone can't guarantee that.The reason I was quoting prices for older iPhones is that those are the stolen parts that "repair shops" would most likely be looking for. You've gotta have somewhere to sell those stolen parts, right? There are way more iPhone 5S that need repairs vs...
The entire display/digitzer/Facetime assembly for the iPhone 5S is $75 from iFixit. And to my knowledge... that's a brand new assembly (with a warranty)Good luck trying to sell it used for $100.Here's the deal... a thief could steal a Galaxy S5 and sell it for $350.An iPhone... parted out... is worth much less than that.But... both phones carry the same criminal charges if the thief gets caught. So which phone would they rather steal?I guess you could steal iPhones......