or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

It's still a Holiday weekend in the US. I didn't really expect a lot of hard-hitting news over the past few days.At least they mentioned Apple in this article... yay for 6th place in China!
The image in the article is the new flagship Galaxy S4 But I'm guessing most of the Samsung smartphones sold in China are actually their budget phones. Considering Apple's phones start at $450... are we really shocked that Samsung is the volume leader in smartphone sales? I'd love to see the sales breakdown of models by price... just for my own curiosity.
Wishing more headunits had REAR USB and AUX ports. I hate having cords sticking out all the time...
You can't simply look at Android's market share number and think "OMG"There are tons of phones running Android... no argument here.Now subtract all those terrible $80 Android phones sold in China and India from manufacturers you've never even heard of. There's a good chance they are running Gingerbread... today. They are underpowered and of relatively poor quality.But hey... they increase Android's market share!
What myth?I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Samsung is the ONLY Android manufacturer making money.I wasn't talking about money anyway... my comment was replying to the notion that Samsung sells a lot of cheap junk phones which is why they have the most market share.This entire article is about unit sales, market share and the like. You take all the phones sold from every manufacturer or platform... and see how they stack up.Samsung sold 65 million smartphones...
But, but, but... unit sales.... market share... winning...
Yes... Apple is the #2 smartphone vendor in the world. Apple is the Wendy's to Samsung's McDonalds.I'd love to hear your opinions of #3 or #4 though... if being #2 is so horrible.
Hmmmm... that might be the way to go!
Yeah... I'm a single user... so that's what I was basing the prices on. When you have 2 or more devices... the price becomes a little more manageable.Right now my VZW iPhone bill is roughly $88 a month for 450 minutes, unlimited data, and 500 texts. I've had that plan for years... dating back to my old Blackberry.No one in their right mind would pay $88 a month for a single flip-phone though I am kinda worried what will happen when I get the iPhone 5S later this year......
Back then Verizon voice plans started at $40 a month for a basic phone... and smartphones users had to pay an additional $30 a month for a data plan.Now it's the same $40 for voice for a basic phone... but smartphone users have to pay at least $40 for data (though you'll likely spend $50 or $60 a month for a usable amount of data). Prices went up.My points all along were:Smartphones cost more to use than featurephones... which is why there are still people who stick with...