or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

In other words... MotoHTCSamsungLG is higher than Apple... Got it!
This is my tiny piece of anecdotal evidence: I'm in the South Eastern United States... and I see iPhones EVERYWHERE. I was recently at a dance competition with folks from NC, SC, GA and more. It was all iPhones... all the time. Parents, high school kids... nearly every phone in sight was an iPhone. Lots of dance team directors are now using their iPhones to play their music at these dance competitions... thanks to the plethora of adjustable-tempo music...
That's what I was echoing in my earlier comments. If the 10" Kindle was "better" than the iPad at HALF the price... I'd be all over it. But it won't be. You'll have to make the choice between the iPad and all of its benefits.... or the Kindle Fire and its low price.
Maybe... maybe not.A 10" Kindle Fire is still a Kindle Fire. It will still be lacking many of the features of the iPad... only with a bigger screen this time.Apple knows what it's got... a great device with an ecosystem to match. People who want an iPad will get an iPad.People who just want "a tablet" might be lured in by the low price of competing tablets... but I don't think Apple views every Kindle Fire sale as a loss of an iPad sale.In short... I don't think Amazon...
Half the size, half the storage, no cameras at all, not as many apps...I'm all for competition... pushing others to innovate more.But I really don't think Apple is taking notes from Amazon at this point.Maybe if Apple made a tiny, cheaper version of the iPad... maybe...
Speaking of suicides... is making XBoxes or Dell computers any more mind-numbing and boring than making iPads and iPhones?Are you more likely to commit suicide if you make iPods all day than if you were making motherboards?Factory work is tough... no matter what you're making or who you're making it for...
Doesn't Apple sometimes pump billions into companies to help them build new factories? Plus... Apple is gonna place an order for about 70 million of these screens for the year... and they pay billions in cash up-front. Surely Apple can get that price down a lil bit.
And let's be clear... the original iPhone looked nothing like the Prada anyway... except for the fact that they both had a capacitive touchscreen. Just because the Prada had a release date before the iPhone's release date... does anyone really think Apple spent 2.5 years on the iPhone and at the last minute they decided to (loosely) mimic the Prada?
That's good... because Apple had been working on the iPhone for 2.5 years. It's crazy to think that Apple needed some last-minute influence from LG Although there are some people who think Apple copied the LG Prada... I think the president of LG said it too!