or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Geez... I thought this was an internet forum... not a scientific study.Why don't you provide some facts to prove my opinions wrong?Then again... after reading your last few comments... all you seem to do is point out how other people are wrong.Have fun...
If you cancel your weekly lunch date with your best friend and instead post messages on their Facebook wall... then yes... you're doing it wrong. That really is a shame... and I feel sorry for those kinds of people.I do agree that Facebook is a "show the world" kinda thing. That's kinda what it's good for.Example: I just saw my friend's wedding pictures on Facebook. She lives 2 states away. I wouldn't have seen those photos otherwise. Is that so bad?As for communicating...
What data are you referring to?Do people buy smartphones for a variety of reasons?I'm pretty sure people don't buy Android phones for the vast Android app ecosystem. So that must mean they buy Android phones to handle the normal tasks of phone calls, text messages and Facebook.And as for Windows... when someone buys "a computer" chances are it's a Windows machine. And a lot of people use a computer for nothing more that email and Facebook.Oh and you haven't provided any...
People buy Android phones because they do what they need them to do... they make phone calls, can send and receive text messages, take pictures, and Facebook. And maybe the odd app or game.It's the same sorta thing that happened with Windows... the world's most-used desktop operating system.Most people just boot into Windows and open a browser for Facebook. It doesn't really matter that Windows has the most programs available, or any of the other benefits Windows has...
Yep!
Don't Apple's own software engineers use Mac Pros? Wouldn't they want to keep using them? And if so... why not continue to sell them to other people who need them? Do we know for a fact Apple is losing money on every Mac Pro sold?
The least they could do is post a picture of a 7" tablet next to an Apple iPad.Cute little guy!
Oh that's cool. Have Atoms gotten any better?Last time I used something with an Atom processor... it was a netbook... and it was HORRIBLE. But at least it was cheap... though I don't know anyone who used an Atom-powered netbook as a primary machine.I think Microsoft and the OEMs are gonna try to spin Windows 8 tablets into "it's a tablet... but add a keyboard and it's one machine that does it all"That sounds great in theory... but I hope these aren't woefully...
I thought the whole point of a Windows 8 on a tablet was so it would run all your old software? You know... people say the iPad is a toy and that they'd rather run "real" Windows applications on a tablet. But it sounds like there will be a bunch of WindowsRT tablets pushed out into the market to battle the iPad.... but those WindowsRT won't even run your favorite programs... they will only run Metro apps. I hear there will also be X86 Windows 8 tablets which will run...
Remember... we're talking about developing markets... and phones you pay full price for and then pay-as-you-go for service. Your point about getting a free handset does not apply here.Anyway... there might be some people who want an iOS phone but who live in a developing market.A $300 Android phone might not be better than a $300 iPhone 3GS to some people.I don't really keep up with those kinds of phones... what is a good $300 Android phone in those kinds of markets?And...