or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

But zooming in is much more fun!
Thanks!
Yes... I meant spoken turn-by-turn navigation.Thank you for clearing that up.
True.. and that goes back to the comment I was replying to. He said "Apple suspected this was going to happen and priced the mini accordingly"Apple knows what they want to make on each unit... and sets the price.But yeah... how much they make depends on which model someone buys.Apple might make $150 on the iPad 4... but only $100 on the iPad Mini.But ZERO dollars if they buy a competitor's tablet.In that case... it's better to get someone into the iPad Mini instead of no...
Funny how people forgot that the old Apple(Google) maps did NOT have turn-by-turn... so were the old maps really better? It depends on what you're looking for.The old map app didn't have navigation... but it had lots of data.I actually like the new Apple maps though... they've performed well for me so far. The built-in navigation works great... and it's pretty!But I will also download the new Google maps. They will have a lot more POIs... StreetView if you're into...
Exactly.Apple has 2 sizes of Macbook Air... 2 sizes of Macbook Pro... 2 sizes of Retina Macbook Pro... 2 sizes of iMac.Having 2 sizes of iPad seems par for the course.Since Apple makes a profit on ALL of the aforementioned products... it really doesn't matter which one you buy.
Exactly.How long has the Mac been in 2nd place to DOS/Windows machines... almost 30 years? Did Apple ever quit because of that? No!!!Having the most marketshare is a nice trophy to have... but Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world despite not having the most marketshare in certain areas.
Haha... so true.That's like basing your restaurant's success on how many meals you sell.... but 50% of the meals make your customers sick... Sure... Android has the most marketshare... but how come no one ever talks about all the crappy Android phones out there?Shouldn't those weigh against Android in some way?
That's what I want to know.Pure address data shouldn't be hard to get. Most roads have been around for a while and the GIS data should be accurate. I can type an address into Apple Maps and it finds it with no problem. It found a rental cabin up a dirt road deep in the mountains of North Carolina. Again... it was an address that's probably been in the system for 50 years... and Apple handled it fine.So now we must look at the other issue... points-of-interest. This data...
Exactly.Steve Jobs wanted to emulate Sony back when Sony was profitable and was the consumer electronics giant.Now it's the other way around... Sony wishes it could have a fraction of the success of Apple...