or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

They show the product in use. I don't know a better way to communicate than that.Sure the "sequences have been shortened" and all that jazz... but at least they show the product.Looking at some competitors' commercials... will my Android tablet really turn into a spaceship? Will I turn into a robot?
This isn't an advertisment at all. It's a slogan... a TEASER.They're not gonna cover the outside of Moscone Center with all of the upcoming keynote announcements... are they?
I'd love to know the breakdown of those top 3 phones on each carrier.For instance... didn't AT&T report that 78% of their smartphone sales were the iPhone?Sounds like there's a huge gap between 1st and 2nd place. I would imagine it's a similar story on Verizon and Sprint.But it is nice to see Nokia shaking things up in the US again. I remember when everybody had a Nokia phone back in the day. They make great phones.
Apple also knows how much money the Mac Pro makes them... and as long as it's not losing money... I don't see why they would kill the Mac Pro. They still have customers.If Apple does kill the Mac Pro... all those customers will run into the arms of HP or Dell.Yeah... that's right... there are other companies who still make workstation-class machines.HP makes the Z-series workstations... Dell makes the Precision and Optiplex workstations... and other companies like Boxx do...
I'm guessing there are a couple reasons for this.The Android OEMs only make money from the initial sale of the phone... so why would they spend a bunch of time, effort and money to make software updates for an older phone? Especially for 2 years or more?I know it would make you happy if your daughter's phone could get updates... but it wouldn't make them any more money. So I guess that's why they don't even bother.Plus... each manufacturer could have a dozen phones on...
True... but a week later there could still be a case full of iPads... but they would be different iPads. Doesn't Apple turn over its inventory, on average, about once a week?Who knows how many iPads are in the case at Best Buy... but a Best Buy store is open for 11 hours every day. I bet a couple iPads leave the store with a new owner, on average, every single day. With 130,000 iPads sold worldwide every day... a couple iPads from each Best Buy every day is certainly...
Did LG invent the silver band?If so... that's their legacy:-)
It's simple. Apple is a hardware/software company... not a mapping company.Sometimes it's best to know your role... and hire out when you need to. Or do a talent acquisition. Or just buy an entire company that specializes in one thing and does it well.Don't forget... Google Maps was started from an acquisition of Where 2 Technologies in 2004. And of course it grew from there.I would expect Apple to do the same and improve their maps... as mapping will be an integral...
I think it will all come down to price. There's got to be some kind of reasonable all-you-can-eat subscription package for the Apple TV... or else people will continue to pay for cable.As often as people say they don't want to pay for 1000 channels... your cable bill is actually a pretty good value.For that monthly cable fee... you get EVERY program that airs on TV. If you have a DVR, you can set it to record anything and everything. Plus you get news, sports, all kinds...
I'm actually looking forward to the Galaxy S III becoming the best-selling phone in the world.Finally we can start calling Samsung users sheep... give them a taste of their own medicine.:-)