or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Apple has always been a 90/90 company.What do 90% of the people need to do 90% of the time?Sure... there are plenty of things you cannot do on an iPad... and lucky for you there are other tablets out there.But over 100 million iPads have been sold that do not have an SD card slot or Adobe Flash. For those people... it's fine.
I like the bump to 32GB for the base model flagship iPhone But on the low end... it's not any cheaper than what is currently available.The $449 price is the reason the iPhone is having trouble expanding to new markets right now.Storage isn't the issue with the entry-level iPhone... price is.If anything... I'd envision a $349 8GB model to be the entry-level point. That would truly be a "cheaper" iPhone.
Good point.But I don't think Apple would have a problem making a rigid phone. They're pretty good at unibody construction!
Exactly.Samsung was able to put a 4.8" screen in a body that's not too much bigger than the 4" iPhone. I've felt both in my pocket and there's hardly a difference.Apple needs to rethink the top and bottom bezels too... there's a lot of wasted space on the front.I know it's part of their "iconic design" but still...BTW... a larger 2272x1280 iPhone screen sounds amazing. Make it so!
If Apple waits long enough... you will have to sit in the center of the Spaceship Campus
It's fast... no doubt.But I think people are sad that they can't plug in the four SATA drives from their current Mac Pro...
Exactly.Windows Phone is still a relatively "new guy" in the smartphone game.But 2.5 years later... Microsoft's ads still can't explain why someone should choose a Windows Phone instead of an iPhone or an Android phone.The wedding commercial spent more time showing features of the competing platforms... Siri, S-Beam, and they even made reference to the well-known slogan "There's an App for That" which debuted in 2008Either Microsoft is bad at marketing... or their products...
Hey Microsoft... you know the iPad is a very iconic device, right? It's probably one of the most recognized devices in the world. And when you show it on the screen, even for a second, people will instantly say "iPad" in their heads. No matter what the voiceover says... people think "iPad and some other unknown device" Just like your last Windows Phone commercial... the only thing people remember is this guy: Dear Microsoft... thanks for promoting Apple!
Of course!People aren't really using Apple products after all... they are just signing up for iTunes accounts ironically...
It's been a long time since I heard the term "long distance phone calls" or even worried about going over my "minutes" It's funny how things change over time.