or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Apple can still be "awesome" even if they don't sell the most things.   And I don't care what side of the Windows/Mac fence people are on... is anyone suggesting HP makes the best computers in the world... because they sell the most? Surely not.   I really don't think Apple is worried that HP sold more "cheap" PCs this quarter.
    They must be out there. Look at the chart.   You can trust analysts!
    Those weren't that bad.   From your link... "​The two then act out a brief vignette, in which the capabilities and attributes of Mac and PC are compared"   Were they snarky?  Absolutely.  But the message was comparison... not outright criticism.  At least Apple tried to teach you something about their product.   Apple's "Get a Mac" ads were in better taste than these mock protests from RIM or the Samsunged commercials.  And who can forget Microsoft's iPhone funeral?...
    Ah... I see.  You mean more Apple phones means more money for Apple.   Because the other guys already sell tons more phones... but don't make nearly as much money at it.
    Not exactly.   Did you miss the part where Apple sells a fraction of the amount of phones... but make more money than everyone else combined?   First Google hit:   http://www.itworld.com/networking/247476/apple-iphone-cell-market-share-small-profit-share-huge   And that was from February... it's now 9.5%
    But that's only if you think the NUMBER OF PHONES sold is more important than the AMOUNT OF MONEY you make from whatever phones you do sell.   Apple's doing very well selling a $600 phone.  I don't think they need a $300 phone just to get a higher number than the other guys.   Money is what all companies care about... not the number of units sold.   If Apple can make more money than everyone else combined... while still only selling 1/10 of the amount of phones... I...
      T-Mobile US was apparently worth $39 billion... and that's the smallest nationwide network in the United States. Good buy?  Yes or No?   Even if they bought it... how much would they spend in upgrades?    And let's not forget China, India, all of Europe, and the rest of the 70 countries across the globe.   Apple's $110 billion dollars wouldn't even make a dent...
    Fanboys say a lot of stuff... no doubt about that.  But let's forget about them for a minute and focus on what's really selling.   Did the iPhone become the #1 selling phone on many carriers because of the number of cores it has? NO.   The iPhone 4 is single core... the iPhone 4S is dual-core... and the next iPhone will probably be quad-core.   But that's not WHY people buy them...
    I know quite a few people with HTC Android phones... but I don't think any of them are clamoring for the next great HTC phone.   These are regular people who don't follow tech blogs or chase the latest specs. They are in the middle of... or almost at the end of... their first Android contract.   Who knows what phone they will choose next.  If they do decide to stick with Android... they don't have to get another HTC phone. That seems to be a problem that all Android...
    Wow... great analogy!   I have yet to install the Windows 8 CP... (I downloaded it though)... but I'm imagining it being a lot like your example.   As of right now... all my programs are regular ol' Windows programs.  I'm pretty used to the way they work... and I've never said to myself "boy... the Windows UI needs to be all changed around..."   I can't even imagine many of my favorite programs becoming Metro apps any time soon.  So why do I need Metro?   I have all...