or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Damn... Nokia is in 3rd place.... I feel bad for 4th, 5th, 6th place and so on. Not that it's a contest or anything... but damn... Samsung and Apple are definitely forces to be reckoned with.
Well... they had to learn Android in the first place... coming from a flip-phone or no phone.I understand what you're saying... but still. I'd hardly call iOS "difficult to use" and if you've mastered Android first, iOS will be cake.And let's be honest... those $100 phones running Gingerbread aren't exactly a joy to use If they buy a cheap $100 phone because that's all they can afford... they're probably not spending a lot of money on apps and games. Probably not music...
Good point.Everyone says Apple needs more market share because they are getting creamed across the globe by Android.No one can argue that Android has a ton of market share... it absolutely does.But no one wants to comment on all those $100 phones sold in developing nations that are stuck on Gingerbread. Maybe market share isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Other flagship phones are $600 too. But those manufacturers also sell crappy $100 phones in addition to their flagship phones. No wonder they have insane market share numbers across the globe.Let's say Apple eventually offers a cheaper product line for developing nations. The investors would probably find something wrong with that too.I know companies are supposed to have "growth" but I'm still trying to figure out if that will be the cure to Apple's problems.The only...
Yeah... it's a non-story story.
Correct... and the bulk of that market is actually a bunch of small, cheap, $100 phones in developing nations.So maybe you should just focus on flagship phones from major manufacturers. (the market Apple is in)Samsung's flagship Galaxy S was 4" in 2010... the GSII grew to 4.3" in 2011... and then to 4.8" with the GSIII today.The Moto Droid X and HTC Evo were also 4.3" way back in 2010 too. And both those companies have phones from 4.7" to 5" today.So what do those...
Even better...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0S71Sk88Q&feature=player_detailpage&t=9s
Not exactly. No one is asking Apple to make 20 different screen sizes.I would just like one more screen size... something north of 4"Like I said in another thread... Apple's phones have a maximum of 4" while other flagship phones have a minimum of at least 4.3"There's got to be another sweet spot between 4" and 5.5"
Well yeah... I didn't say why the newest iPhone is the best selling in the lineup. I just said that it was.You're right... it is because the cheaper models are "old"I never mentioned anything about attracting other customers. But you're right. If Apple wants to gain market share or sell to a more diverse group of people... then yeah.... they have to make new phones that are also more affordable.But that's not what I was talking about originally. Good point, though