or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Cannibalization of the iPhone never really happened before. Although Apple never gives sales breakdowns by individual iPhone model... most estimates are that the current flagship model represents 85-90% of sales.In other words... whenever there is a "good, better, best" lineup.... the "best" is the leader.Right now the on-contract prices are $0, $100, $200... or off-contract $450, $550, $650. It will be interesting to see how much the new "big" iPhone will cost. Will it...
You're right... Android has the most market share and Samsung has the most unit sales. There's no doubt about that.So that puts Apple in 2nd place. However... they are still a billion dollar company with plenty of customers.You realize that if a company has a product and people buy it... and they make money on that product... that's exactly what keeps the company away from bankruptcy?And that's before considering the mountain of cash Apple already has.If you're so doom...
RE: CardStarHey... at least 3rd party apps are available to enhance your smartphone.I'm glad apps like DownCast exist... I greatly prefer it to Apple's own Podcast app...BTW... what's the difference between tapping on the CardStar icon... vs tapping on the Passbook icon?
Don't get caught up in percentages... the market itself is expanding.And the more the market expands... there will be more cheap Android phones that don't run apps very well... and more people who use their Android phone like a simple featurephone.You're right... it's better to focus on actual number of devices/users. But even then... there will still be people who are using not-so-powerful phones who don't care about apps.
That explains the web browsing side of things... thank you. But what's the deal with app purchases?"On a typical day in November 2012, the revenues in the Apple App Store exceeded $15M USD, while in Google Play the revenues are just below $3.5M USD in 20 of the largest countries in both app stores."Is that due to the iPad as well?Also take into consideration that Android has a ridiculous advantage in smartphone market share... 75% to Apple's 15%Shouldn't that sway app...
There are tons of Android phones manufactured by "other" all across the globe... cheap phones that are basically used as feature phones. I'm guessing those people are not spending a lot of money on apps either.And who knows if those phones even have access to the Google Play Store. Most Chinese Android phones do NOT... I'm not sure about the rest of the planet.I'd also like to know how many credit cards Google Play has stored. Apple has always touted the number of...
Nice post!
Define "lose"Android already dominates the smartphone market with 75% market share to Apple's 15%But I have yet to see the result of Android having all that market share... other than simply being able to say they have the most market share.Apple... a distant 2nd place with only 15% market share... has already captured the eyes of the developers and the accessory makers. Market share alone won't make developers rush over to Android... and you can count on one hand the...
CardStar?http://www.cardstar.com/It's been around for years...
Anyone remember Bump?Edit: OMG... you beat me by a minute Solip!