or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

While there were a few excellent Android phones released over the last 2 years... there were also tons of stinkers. Which phone does your wife have? Thinking back 2 years ago today... there were plenty of "meh" Android phones on the market. Like I said in an earlier comment... Apple still thinks highly of the 3GS they were selling over 2 years ago. So much so that they still sell it new today. Can you imagine if some early-2010 Android phones were still sold as new...
I agree... but don't tell that to Slapphappy...
True... but I was replying to Slaphappy... he said it!Apple did have more market share than Android at one time, though...
Apple's lead in market share has been gone for over a year... where have you been? Oh that's right... you've been here saying the same thing over and over... You're a bigger cheerleader for "Android market share" than all the Apple folks on this Apple website put together!
Exactly... and that's why PC OEMs are engaged in a race to the bottom. All those $399 laptops aren't helping their bottom line very much. Just a few months ago HP was thinking about getting out of the PC business. To review: the world's largest PC manufacturer was actually considering leaving the PC business... Sure... that announcement was penned by the wacko ex-CEO of HP.... but it does give some insight into the PC business as a whole. It's a tough place to be. As for...
I agree 100% In my circle of friends... I see more and more of them having a crappy time with their Android phones. Most of the problems stem from crappy hardware. I know a couple friends who are on their 2nd or 3rd Droid X... I wonder if Verizon ever gets sick of replacing the same phone over and over... When the time comes to get a new phone... they might have a sour taste in their mouth about Android as a whole... instead of the manufacturer. I'm not sure if people...
Yeah. I'm friends with a lot of college-aged kids and plenty of regular folks too... and I rarely see someone with a Dell or HP that retails anywhere close to $1000. Even $800 is a stretch. I'm looking at this week's Best Buy ad. Here are the prices listed for Windows laptops: $349 $399 $429 $549 $579 $629 $749 $849 The average price of these particular laptops is $566. The PC manufacturers obviously have a target price range. And Best Buy must think these laptops will...
I hadn't heard that the average PC laptop is $750. If that's true... good for them! That means they sell a lot of $1000 PC laptops as well as $500 PC laptops.I seriously don't know. I guess they lure people into the store with the $500 PC laptops in the weekly paper... and then sell 'em a more expensive PC laptop.
I still see plenty of $500-600 regular laptops (not ultrabooks) every week in the flyers for Best Buy and Staples. Aren't these the volume sellers in Windows laptops? How long will PC OEMs keep pushing $1000-1200 ultrabooks when their plain ol' laptops outsell them 10:1 ? Competition among Windows ultrabooks may force them down to around $700... but then the margins start to become razor-thin like normal laptops. Then the manufacturers will be in the same place...
In an earlier comment... we were discussing whether Apple or other companies would start to include a better digitizer and a stylus with their future phones... to mimic the functionality of the Galaxy Note. I believe that most companies won't. Being able to draw and take notes is a nice feature... but it's hardly a mainstream feature. I don't foresee many new phones to go down this route... if any others do at all.But you raise a good point. Since you don't have to use...