or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Refuse to believe?Sorry... I got my info from quotes like this around the web last week:Tuesday, Jul 24, 2012 - AT&T has announced their second quarter results, and this time around the iPhone accounted for 3.7 million or almost 73% of the 5.1 million smartphones sold.If that's not good enough for ya... here's a link directly to AT&T's recent Q2 results:http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23091&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=34898&mapcode=Here's the important part... for...
Could Apple? Sure. Would they? Probably not.But if I was AT&T... I'd be careful.Nearly 3 out of 4 smartphones sold by AT&T are iPhones.AT&T would be devastated if something happened and they couldn't sell the iPhone anymore...But again... I doubt Apple would pull their phones from AT&T.
Yeah... I'd like to hear that too from anyone who works in carrier stores.And also... how much is this commission?It seems like the money the carriers save by pushing Android phones would go right into the pocket of the salesperson... thus negating any savings at all.What about service and support? Do Android owners visit the store more often with questions about their phone? That kind of stuff would add up over time.Sure... the carriers get extra money in the beginning...
The iPhone represents 73% of AT&T's smartphone sales. It doesn't seem like they did a very good job of steering people away from the iPhone...
In before... "iPads aren't PCs!!!"
Guess what... there are TONS of users who can't do much on their computer outside of Facebook and email... regardless of platform.Right this moment there is someone who wants to make a photo slideshow or movie on their Windows machine... but they can't. They have to download Windows Live Essentials first.Yep... Windows Live Photo Gallery and Windows Live Movie Maker are optional downloads.From Microsoft.com: "Looking for Windows Photo Gallery? It's not included in Windows...
True... but it shows the process Apple took to get the iPhone/iPad design where it is today.What about the other guys? What path did they take?
Android tablets have been on the market for a long time. Where are they all going? Every 3 months we get new marketshare numbers. What happened to the Android tablets from the previous quarter? Are they still the same ones in the channel this quarter?My question is... do Android tablet manufacturers keep shipping tablets to stores if no one bought the previous supply? Or do stores stop placing orders if their previous stock hasn't sold?Wouldn't we hear about massive...
The customer pays $200 for a brand new iPhone... while the carrier covers the other $450. That might seem high... but hold on...The carrier then collects $2000 over 2 years for every iPhone customer they have.And they're still not happy?Guess what, carriers... you sell a service. Your monthly plans are ridiculously high... you make billions of dollars every quarter... so shut up!
Just curious.... are any other industries involved in this many patent lawsuits? I know we're all tuned into the tech and mobile industry on these websites... does this happen anywhere else too?