or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Market share is a comparison of ALL companies in a particular market... a ranking if you will.I'm sure Apple would love to be on the top of every possible list. But you're right... it would be silly to start slashing prices and sacrificing everything they stand for simply to get ranked higher on a list.
/thread
Good point.The iPad screen is very pixel dense... but a 15" screen has more than twice the area of the iPad screen.
Hmmmm.... maybe. The lead time is interesting.But don't forget... Apple only sold 4 million Macs last quarter... and that's ALL Macs combined.... Air, MBP, iMac, Mini and Pro. Who knows if this new Macbook Pro will be the breakout volume seller... possibly indicated by the increased lead time.I don't know what corporate IT budgets look like these days... but $2,200 is still a high price to pay for a single laptop (even if it's amazing).I hope you're right though... so...
Plus... Apple's not buying these screens in the same volume as say, the iPad's screen.Apple buys iPad screens by the tens of millions.Hopefully, as the price goes down, they will offer a Retina display across the entire Macbook line.
The Apple Spaceship will have a small auditorium for small product reveals and other gatherings.It will not, however, be a full convention center to hold a massive conference like WWDC.
If you use Blackberries at work... with every employee using Blackberries and BBM... I can totally understand what you're saying.But as a consumer platform... Blackberries are finished.I have my Gmail set as "push" on my iPhone. I get emails on my iPhone faster than my desktop.BBM was cool... until none of my friends used a Blackberry anymore. I have attached a photo below to explain.In my small sample below... 0 out of 7 people chose another Blackberry the next time...
Somebody got their hands on those fake schematics from the other day and decided to make a fake prototype.
I prefer the headphone jack on the bottom... just like the iPod Touch and my old iPod Nano.
I understand that companies like this ETrade Supply sells replacement parts for phones. Lots of companies sell parts like that. Assuming this part is legit... HOW do they get parts early for an UNRELEASED phone? Are they secretly getting them from Foxconn? Certainly Apple isn't sending replacement parts out into the repair channel this early... Where do these small companies get all their parts in the first place? .