or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

It was probably running a virus scan.Or you need to run CCleaner to clean out temp-files and other junk.
Short answer... because they can Long answer... the United States is VERY big... 9.8 million square kilometers. There are 200,000 cell towers in the US... and tens of thousands of workers maintaining them. Cell phone carriers have a rather large network to operate.But yeah... mostly because they can!
I see.Then maybe we should stop using terms like "cheaper iPhone" or "low-cost iPhone" if it's gonna be the same price.I do agree that it's time to ditch the 3.5" screen and 30-pin Dock Connector to make a new entry-level iPhone. That's a great idea.But please... don't call it a "cheaper" iPhone unless it is actually cheaper.Also... you seem to be hung up on the "3 year old" thing. The chips in the iPhone 4 are brand new... they're just slower by today's standards.Apple...
You seems to be forgetting about the iPhone 4 which is still on sale at this very moment.Here are today's prices:$449 - iPhone 4$549 - iPhone 4S$649 - iPhone 5And it's been like that for years: the newest iPhone at $649... the previous model at $549... and the model before that at $449.In other words... the iPhone has had a starting price of $449 for quite some time. That's where I'm getting that price from.So no... an iPhone at $449 would not be cheaper at all.
I'm still confused by you calling a $449 iPhone "cheaper" when that's the price the iPhone starts at already.I understand the storage part... and it's actually a better value if you can get 16GB at the old 8GB price.But "cheaper" or "low-cost" as mentioned in this article refers to price.How can Apple be making a "low-cost" iPhone with a price that's exactly the same as today? That doesn't make any sense.In other words... if it's not below $449... it's not cheaper.I...
Yeah... there's no harm in wishing for some features to come to the iPad... but be prepared if they don't come true
Apple has always been a 90/90 company.What do 90% of the people need to do 90% of the time?Sure... there are plenty of things you cannot do on an iPad... and lucky for you there are other tablets out there.But over 100 million iPads have been sold that do not have an SD card slot or Adobe Flash. For those people... it's fine.
I like the bump to 32GB for the base model flagship iPhone But on the low end... it's not any cheaper than what is currently available.The $449 price is the reason the iPhone is having trouble expanding to new markets right now.Storage isn't the issue with the entry-level iPhone... price is.If anything... I'd envision a $349 8GB model to be the entry-level point. That would truly be a "cheaper" iPhone.
Good point.But I don't think Apple would have a problem making a rigid phone. They're pretty good at unibody construction!