or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

I wish Apple had just picked another word to call their higher-resolution displays... or at least not brought all this math and science into it. Then again... it's only a handful of people on internet forums who even discuss this topic... compared to the millions of Apple's other customers. Dell calls some of their monitors UltraSharp™ and it's simply a brand name. Dell didn't try to explain what "ultra" means. Apple uses the term "iSight" for some of their cameras. That...
Bless you Evercore. Wait... who the hell is Evercore?
Do you hear yourself? Command line? Apple is one the most successful consumer electronics companies in the world. Keyword: consumer. If you want a "hacker tablet" go buy one from any other manufacturer. But Apple knows what they're doing...
Don't worry... it's better! But don't take my word for it:
I think Apple knows this and are VERY careful when designing a new product. Every detail is taken into consideration. In contrast... other companies launch 15 new phones every year. If one is a stinker... no big deal.
It already doubled in price from 2 years ago. Considering the sales of Apple products lately... the stock price doubling next year is a definite possibility.
I don't know if they sued each other... but they probably could have...
Correct... Apple chose to only be in the $1000+ laptop market... where the dominate in that particular market of $1000+ laptops. And that's where Apple wants to be. Huge players like HP and Dell are down in the $500 laptop market... and recently they both had second thoughts about even being in that market because the margins are so shittty. It seems there's more money to be made in the enterprise than selling cheap consumer laptops...
Of course Amazon is going after Apple. Apple is entering their 3rd year in the tablet market... while Amazon has only been in the tablet game for 4 months. I think the term "underdog" describes Amazon at this point. At least Amazon went in another direction... making a smaller, cheaper 7" tablet at $200 Remember when the other guys were selling their tablets at the same price an the iPad? That didn't work out too well... especially for the Playbook and the TouchPad.
Interesting...Analysts quote "shipments" for the quarter... because manufacturers rarely provide a definite number of sales to consumers. The manufacturers usually talk about "channel shipments" whenever they issue a press release.So where is this market share data coming from?If I wanted to know how many Xyboards that Motorola sold to consumers last quarter... where can I find this information?And Amazon NEVER shares its sales data at all...Where exactly can I read about...