or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

I wasn't aware the carriers were supposed to make money from selling the phones. The carriers sell services... which is what they charge a monthly fee for. I'm an American... so I only know subsidies. My 16GB iPhone only cost me $200 because Verizon subsidized it. Basically... Verizon then wrote a check to Apple for the remaining $450. But Verizon does that because they will make it up by me paying a monthly fee over the life of my contract... or at least that's...
Didn't the same thing happen with the iPod?
It gets especially frustrating when it's the weekend and there are no new stories to comment on...
Don't you already own Jurassic Park in a much better format than iTunes can deliver?Blu-Ray?
I remember... Blockbusters...
And what can we conclude from that? More people buy Android phones... so that means __________ ? I'm just trying to figure out if you're simply excited about the bigger number... or if there is some greater meaning...
Two different things:Overpriced refers to the consumer purchase price. Both Samsung and Apple make phones that retail in the $600 range... or cheaper if you get them subsidized. In short... I can walk into a store and purchase a Samsung phone or an Apple phone for the same price. A company's margin refers to how efficient they are in the development and manufacturing process. Apple can buy 60 million parts at one time if they have to... and they usually at a discount. And...
I'm calling it... iPad Mini The regular iPad already has bigger icons and screen elements than the iPhone... so those won't be any harder to press. The slight reduction in size won't matter too much. Think of the iPad Mini like a paperback... to the iPad's hardcover.
All they have to do is make cheaper ad-buys for clients... to undercut Google.Once again... the "race to the bottom"
How will this work exactly? If you use an app on a Samsung phone... you'll get ads served by Samsung. But if you use that same app on any other Android phone... you get ads served by Google?